Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Coke or Pepsi?

Coke or Pepsi? 18 Nov 2008 04:21 #30370

Please help me out here:
Which brand does your theater serve and why did you choose them over the other brand?
Are you satisfied with them? What area are you in?
Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RC Cola 18 Nov 2008 08:00 #30371

• dnedrow
  • Senior Boarder
We're going with RC Cola at the Grandview Theatre in Columbus, OH.

I've worked in small theatres that have variously had Coke or Pepsi. Here in Columbus, there really seems to be an issue with service level from the "big guys". Each of them has a major venue in Columbus -- stadium(s), gigaplexes, etc. -- so getting out to fix a carbonator or pump at a one screen theatre isn't a priority scheduling event. Supplies and syrup can also be a bit long in appearing.

We talked to a number of small businesses in the area who sell RC products, and asked why they sold those products. In virtually all cases, they had been Coke or Pepsi customers until service issues drove them to find an alternative. All of them have reported excellent response from RC.

So, if this question is designed to inform an implementation choice on your part, you may want to ask local (non-chain) restaurants about their service experiences with their beverage vendors. I wouldn't rely on syrup cost or marketing incentives alone.

Re:RC Cola 18 Nov 2008 10:12 #30373

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
We use Pepsi because the service is better in our area than Coke. When your sales are made up mostly of drinks like a theatre you better be able to serve your customers all the time. If service puts your drink system out of business for several day it could be devastating to your bottom line. especially if those days are over a weekend.

Re:RC Cola 18 Nov 2008 13:52 #30376

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
We use Coke all the equipment is free and after some fighting i now pay $55.00 a box.

Re:RC Cola 01 Jan 2009 14:25 #30635

• MicahWes
  • Fresh Boarder
I agree that when trying to figure out which company has the better service that you should ask around your area. Coke and Pepsi bottlers all over the country can vary drastically in how they conduct their business. In my area we are (were) served by Coke USA and Coke Consolidated. Consolidated is WONDERFUL, but USA was not.

Re:Coke or Pepsi? 04 Jan 2009 02:33 #30650

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Pepsi. They gave me the better deal on syrup and provided new machines and signage.

Re:Coke or Pepsi? 15 Jun 2009 04:09 #31695

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Well we now have 2 theater 3 miles apart 1 COKE 1PEPSI....PEPSI has been a big pain in the ---!
Out of product ,wrong items every week ,missing items.On the good side $9.00 a box less than Coke and great service. Coke service is also very good. In 2 years never out of a product and great delivery guys NEVER A WRONG ITEM. Both all equipment is free and all new.I like pepsi as a beverage better so I had high hopes/Coke is just better and worth the extra money.No aggravation!

Re:Coke or Pepsi? 15 Jun 2009 09:59 #31696

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Sounds like another of those situations that varies by region.

I had Coke, switched to Pepsi because of problems with the local bottler, had their service guys ruin one of my machines and expect me to get through the weeekend that way, called Coke and switched back that evening... Yeesh!

In my area, Coke service is number one. Fast, free, professional.

Product pricing is another thing, though there are ways around that.

Coke cups, ironically, are more expensive than generic designs that I get from a local wholesaler. You'd think that the advertising value of having their name all over the cups would get you a lower price... nope. Back when I did use them, Coke would put their cups out for bid every year or so. I'd open up for the season, to find that their cups no longer matched the lids I still had left over. Continental, Dixie & Sweetheart all make their cups just different enough that you HAVE to buy lids from the same company. Can't blame them for that, but the annual switch was aggravating.

Coke syrup is available from the major restaurant wholesalers (Cisco, FSA, etc). You might find, as I did, that you can get your syrup through them for less than you can directly from Coke. Again... go figure. Coke doesn't seem to care where you get the stuff... it's still Coke.

Re:Coke or Pepsi? 15 Jun 2009 13:45 #31701

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
I've always used Pepsi whether in my own theatre (Portland, OR) or as GM for someone else (NE Iowa). I've always found the service great and it just happens to be my personal favorite.
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re:Coke or Pepsi? 15 Jun 2009 17:14 #31703

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
I personally like Coke but we went with Pepsi way back due to price and service. Coke did not seem to care.
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re:Coke or Pepsi? 15 Jun 2009 17:35 #31706

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Mike wrote:
I personally like Coke but we went with Pepsi way back due to price and service. Coke did not seem to care.

Business must be great for both of them, Mike. 20 years ago, I switched back to Coke. When I opened my quad, I took Pepsi out. They didn't complain about losing the business, and have never once sent a salesperson out. For that matter though, neither has Coke. They'll both serve you, but it seems you have to call them.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction