Home Forums Movie Theaters Concession Stand automated drink dispensers
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: automated drink dispensers

automated drink dispensers 14 Nov 2008 21:37 #30351

• debo
  • Fresh Boarder
I've been lurking on these boards (or peeking in) for almost a year, and I've finally decided to start pulling together a business plan (more posts to come, I'm sure). In the meantime, I'm thinking about some of the mechanics, decor, etc. So here's a question:

Do any of you use an automated drink dispenser, and if so, what do you think?

All the McDonalds' in our area have installed them over the past year or so, and I'm impressed with the potential for speed, accuracy, and (possibly) savings. The machine receives the order from the terminal, pulls the proper size cup, adds a set amount of ice based on cup size, and dispenses the drink. The worker adds the lid and passes it to the customer. It's tough to tell from the drive-through window, but I think the machine uses an optical sensor to determine when the cup is full. If there's a problem with foam, the worker can add liquid manually. Likewise, if the automated portion of the system breaks down, the worker can still dispense ice and drink manually (also good for refills).

It seems like using this system would free up concession workers to prep popcorn, pull candy, and receive payment while the drinks are made hands-free. Self-serve would have the same benefit, I suppose, but some on the boards have expressed concern about the mess and refills questions associated with self-serve.

Pros and cons? Anyone know the price on one of these machines?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:automated drink dispensers 15 Nov 2008 23:57 #30358

• Pieman
  • Gold Boarder
We use a semi automatic dispenser..we put the cup under and press the button for the size..we are then free to get the rest of the order...it sounds really good for it to do the cup part too..I would think if its getting everything then you could easily have it set up so it lands on the customers side and the operator just keys in the size and flavour..the customer could do their own lid. if its automatic then it wouldn't be any more messy than your operator serving for it to be self serve (did that make sense??)

No idea on the cost..our dispensers come from pepsi..we don't own them ourselves, pepsi service them etc..we just buy the syrup, gas and cups/lids. Check if you can get a deal..I am in Australia, so it could be different, depending where you are from

Good luck

Re:automated drink dispensers 17 Nov 2008 01:23 #30363

• debo
  • Fresh Boarder
The cups travel in a little bucket on a conveyer belt from the cup dispenser to the ice to the drink to the stack of lids. My only concern with putting the pick up point on the customer side is that customers may pick up the wrong drink. There's probably an easy solution to that, but I just have pictures of people fumbling with their wallets and others going around them to pick up their drinks but getting the wrong ones. We could probably try it that way and reposition the machines if it doesn't work.

And I'll ask the local distributor if those machines are available as part of any of the service packages.

Thanks!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction