Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: cost of tubs

cost of tubs 06 Jul 2007 10:36 #27553

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Currently who has the best price on popcorn tubs???? Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: cost of tubs 06 Jul 2007 13:06 #27554

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
You might check with Promotional Management Group. I pay less to have them ship tubs to me than the local concession house charges for generic.
http://www.pmg-online.com/stock.html

Re: cost of tubs 06 Jul 2007 15:13 #27555

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I don't buy tubs so I don't know the price but I know they sell them here.
http://www.packagingconceptsinc.com/

They might be a little cheaper since they make them. PMG buys some of they product form other manufacturers like PCI.

Re: cost of tubs 09 Jul 2007 15:59 #27556

• tratcliff
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Sweetheart still makes them. I use the Marquee design, the one with the theatre marquee on it. It is a whole lot cheaper to use one of the Sweetheart stock designs than to get the movie themed or licensed ones from PMG.

I get mine through my concession supplier, Continental Concession Supply. (ccsicandy.com)

I checked out that PCI site and yikes were there prices high!
They had kids trays for $55 for a case of 250.
You can get them from PMG or CinemaSource on their discount list for as little as $25 a case. It may not be the latest movie on the tray, but kids don't care.

[This message has been edited by tratcliff (edited July 09, 2007).]

Re: cost of tubs 09 Jul 2007 20:58 #27557

• rdetzler
  • Expert Boarder
Do that many people still use tubs? I started with them, then got rid of them because they are way more expensive than bags and create alot more waste on the outgoing side versus bags.

Re: cost of tubs 09 Jul 2007 22:17 #27558

• reelman
  • Gold Boarder
Try this experiment- offer both bags and tubs. Charge whatever your current prices are for the bags. Offer the tubs at a premium of atleast .50 more(I'd suggest .75) Report back to this posting in two months with your results.

If your results match mine- tubs will outsell bags atleast 3 to 1. You will have satisfied your customers and gotten more for your corn.

Re: cost of tubs 09 Jul 2007 22:18 #27559

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I treat it more as a matter of practicality than cost.

First; I like the presentation, so to an extent, our use of tubs is a matter of my personal preference.

Second: We find it much easier to layer the topping when filling the tub, especially when we're really busy. You can hold onto the lip at the bottom, which makes it easy to fill, top and shake the corn.

Third: We offer one free refill on our large size. The tub is more easily reused than a bag would be.

We run a drive-in, so the idea of using bags and possibly requiring the customer to top their own corn guarantees they won't have a uniform product. I don't want them having to come back for more topping (there are better reasons), so we want to send the whole container out, ready to go. For me, that means using tubs.

Cost? As with everything else, it's figured into the price. They're not really that expensive. Considering the quality of the outgoing product, we've never had a complaint.

Personal opinion here: I think you can see how tubs would work over bags, just by doing it. Putting them side-by-side may bring up choice issues that don't make it a fair comparison. Besides, every choice you give the customer means more time you have to spend with them, and more time they take up space in your line.

[This message has been edited by rodeojack (edited July 09, 2007).]

Re: cost of tubs 23 Aug 2007 04:41 #27560

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
I HAVE BEEN BUYING MY SUPPLIES ...EVERYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY ONLINE ...INSTAWARE.COM...ALMOST ALLWAYS FREE SHIP ...

Re: cost of tubs 11 Jun 2008 16:00 #27561

• crazybob
  • Junior Boarder
The bags look like they just came out of the microwave. I'm probably a little too "old school". I started my drive-in career in 1969 near Atlantic City. We sold 85, & 130 oz. Butter Cups for $.50, & $.99. I made $1.50 per hour.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction