Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: coke or pepsi

coke or pepsi 25 Jun 2007 12:01 #27207

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
will coke or pepsi give you new fountain equipment if you sign a contract with them?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: coke or pepsi 25 Jun 2007 15:55 #27208

• sheri6363
  • Senior Boarder
They both offered us similar deals, our coke guy was more aggressive,thats why we serve coke products

Re: coke or pepsi 25 Jun 2007 18:04 #27209

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
We serve Pepsi and they provide all the equipment for us, including the fountain system and a refrigerator for bottled water. You just have to make sure you're only using their products.

Re: coke or pepsi 25 Jun 2007 21:04 #27210

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
Pepsi's fountains are more user friendly. I hate the Coke units. Either company will set ya up with their systems on a lease basis.

Re: coke or pepsi 25 Jun 2007 22:51 #27211

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
when you say lease what do you mean?

Re: coke or pepsi 26 Jun 2007 00:44 #27212

• Mike Spaeth
  • Platinum Boarder
Buy your own units. Makes switching on down the road a lot easier if necessary...

Re: coke or pepsi 26 Jun 2007 08:50 #27213

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
We had our own equipment. It was old and hard to repair. Pepsi was running out of parts etc...

So we just got new (refurbished) equipment from Pepsi with no cost or raise in price. New racks to hold the additional boxes of the additional flavors we were able to add with the new soda heads and they all fit in the same space. Its not state of the art but it brings us up to this century.

One thing I think is important is service. We have service built into our price so we can call and have the equipment adjusted for taste or any other problems for no per call charge. This way we can keep the soda tasting great.

Re: coke or pepsi 27 Jun 2007 02:03 #27214

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
We use Coke, and I buy my syrup from a 3rd party foodservice supply. Amazingly, it's less expensive to get it that way than from Coke themselves... go figure.

Coke's installed and serviced the equipment at no cost to me. We're on our second set of dispensers & carbonators. The last set ran almost 15 years before it became too cranky to be worth fixing. They've also replaced all the lines with ones that are teflon-coated. Now, if I want, I can change flavors without having to replace the lines.

One thing I mentioned before, but is worth repeating: If you notice any off-taste in a neutral drink, like "Sprite", install a filter in your water line before you do anything else. Same with your ice machine. Chlorine will mess with the drink quality and carbonation levels. Stick your head in your ice machine & take a good whiff (Yah, I know... funny). If it smells like a swimming pool in there, a filter will make a major improvement in your drink quality. We fought that problem for almost 20 years before I put filters in. Coke, who should have known, was no help in this area. They replaced a lot of stuff that wasn't necessary.

I got my filters & replacement cores from Home Depot... something like $30 each. The replacement filter cores are only $5 or so, but don't need replacing very often.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction