Home Forums Movie Theaters Concession Stand Energy drinks/ gatorade
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Energy drinks/ gatorade

Energy drinks/ gatorade 14 Nov 2006 13:54 #27092

• editor
  • Junior Boarder
Has anyone added energy drinks to concessions lineup? It seems to be a frequently snuck in item lately. I have been shying away from it due to the hgih cost of them. Hard to make any kind of a margin on them compared to almost everything else. Also considering Gatorade type drinks as most of my hgih school age kids in sports are not allowed any soda drinking by their coaches. Maybe a good survey question?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Energy drinks/ gatorade 14 Nov 2006 20:02 #27093

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
I wouldn't waste the time stocking them. Profit margin is low. The kids are not going to pay an inflated price for Gatorade, Amp, Monster, etc. Plus, how would you know if they carried it in from outside or purchased it from your concession stand? Imagine the noise from the smartass that is crushing the cans in the auditorium.

I ordered as case of 24 cans of AMP from our Pepsi distributor, for my own personal "stash", as I love the stuff. I paid 20 cents less per can thru Pepsi,than if I would have purchased it from Pick N Save (grocery stores). I thought that I would have saved a lot of $$$$ ordering it direct, but, no way Jose.

Re: Energy drinks/ gatorade 15 Nov 2006 10:59 #27094

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Same problem here (we had a local store try to get us interested):

Our cost too high, compared with other beverage options. No point diluting the value of what you already offer.

Recognizeable containers... allows easy price comparison with the same products in stores.

Little customer inquiry. I don't think we had more than 2 or 3 ask about it the entire season.

Re: Energy drinks/ gatorade 15 Nov 2006 16:11 #27095

• ttroidl
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
If you own your own fountain order a BIB of Bullzei energy ice.

pretty close to red bull.

LOTS cheaper!
www.polardistributors.com
tony.

Re: Energy drinks/ gatorade 16 Nov 2006 03:19 #27096

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
If I figured that right, our cost for a 24 ounce drink, without ice would be $1.44 plus container.

Ummmmmm..... ????????

Would people buy that stuff at "normal" theatre prices?

[This message has been edited by rodeojack (edited November 16, 2006).]

Re: Energy drinks/ gatorade 16 Nov 2006 13:40 #27097

• ttroidl
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Not as cheap as soda, but LOTS cheaper then the little cans, I would myself get a small special cup JUST for the Energy drink, and sell it at an appropriate price point.

IF people who normally buy the little cans know they are getting a BIGGER drink then the little cans, I'm sure they would be willing to pay the price and be happy to get MORE then usual!

I would keep it at 1 size and put that on the menu.

This is NOT for everyone, but is a better chance to make some $ where the cans don't offer much profit.

Tony.
tony.

Re: Energy drinks/ gatorade 17 Nov 2006 09:31 #27098

• editor
  • Junior Boarder
When I asked I forgot all about asking the Pepsi guy and it being in BIBs. I have a lot of college students and maybe get more requests for it than most. I was thinking of charging a similar price as the slushies I sell with no free refills. A word of caution from the Pepsi guy is that they had to reformulate their own energy drink in the BIBs becasuse they were leaching through the plastic lines and tainting the soda lines when taped together. The stuff was eating through the plastic so to speak. I agree to do it you need to do it with the BIBs.

Re: Energy drinks/ gatorade 17 Nov 2006 23:59 #27099

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't think we'll be selling energy drinks anytime soon. There's something about getting kids hopped up and expecting them to sit still and be quite for 2 hours that doesn't seem to go together.

Re: Energy drinks/ gatorade 25 Nov 2006 03:13 #27100

• Pieman
  • Gold Boarder
We sell gatorade in plastic bottles 600mls for AU$3.30. they sell very well here summer or winter.

Re: Energy drinks/ gatorade 27 Nov 2006 09:26 #27101

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes but if you did not sell them would they just buy the soda (pop) at the hogher margin? If that is the case you are just cannibalizing your higher profit items.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction