Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters Concession Stand buttery topping... Help me find some?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: buttery topping... Help me find some?

buttery topping... Help me find some? 20 Sep 2004 15:30 #26851

• m00n
  • Senior Boarder
Hey all...

My local Regal Cinema carries a popcorn butter called "Golden Delight" I've been searching for some on the internet, called a few local popcorn supply places and keep coming up empty. Is there any chance any of you know where I can get some of this? It's not for a movie theater business rather for my own personal kettle popper at home.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: buttery topping... Help me find some? 20 Sep 2004 16:37 #26852

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
I can't help asking why?

First - Regal is not known for choosing the best quality products. They are all about getting the best price - taste would be inconsequential. You could easily buy any brand of buttery flavoring for popcorn from the supply houses and do as well. Our favorite is Dressall which recently became known as Phase. If you want the Cadillac brand then you want O'dell's - real butter but made shelf stable(very pricey).

Second - Home use doesn't require this sort of product at all (shelf stable, won't spoil, warms up nicely and dispenses easily in a butter dispenser). Most of us would just melt a stick of butter in a pan and pour it over the popcorn for ourselves. Voila - the taste you were trying to achieve without all the searching or the expensive of buying a $30 case of fake butter.

Re: buttery topping... Help me find some? 20 Sep 2004 16:44 #26853

• m00n
  • Senior Boarder
I know it may sound odd, but I really like the flavor of the butter topping they use. It may be horrible yuck to some, but both my wife and I like it.

When I bought my first popper, I got 2 cases of the packets and 2 gallons of the Superkist topping. it's ok, not great. AT least to me.

Re: buttery topping... Help me find some? 20 Sep 2004 18:27 #26854

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't use the stuff, and agree with BECKWITH, but I looked into this stuff for you with nada results... Could be that Regal has this made up exclusively for their chain, and it MAY not be available elsewhere...

Re: buttery topping... Help me find some? 20 Sep 2004 20:46 #26855

• m00n
  • Senior Boarder
Hey thanks for looking. That was very nice. Not sure if it's a regal product or not. I suspect not as it's a product made by a company called "Best Products" or when I seen the jug of the butter, it had "Best Products" as a label.

Re: buttery topping... Help me find some? 20 Sep 2004 21:17 #26856

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
"Best Products" could make this for Regal (exclusively) just as someone makes "Special Sauce" just for MickeyDee's... Only a possibility...

Re: buttery topping... Help me find some? 20 Sep 2004 21:41 #26857

• m00n
  • Senior Boarder
yeah that's true.

I really like that artery harding stuff tool.

Re: buttery topping... Help me find some? 30 Sep 2004 16:06 #26858

I currently use real butter....no fake stuff. Am I crazy? Customers have always come to expect that we have the "real" stuff and not the butter flavor products. Does anyone use the Anhydrous Butter from O'Dell's? It's real butter without the water and cream. Is it a better price than using and melting sticks?

Re: buttery topping... Help me find some? 30 Sep 2004 19:23 #26859

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
we use Odell's. It is awesome!

It is spendy though. One 10lb jug costs about $40

The thing with Odell's is that the milk solids have been taken out. What is left is just the oil. No scorching and a one year shelf life.
"What a crazy business"

Re: buttery topping... Help me find some? 01 Oct 2004 13:03 #26860

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Odell's Anhydrus Butter Fat.

We've used it for the past 5-years.

Re: buttery topping... Help me find some? 02 Oct 2004 09:50 #26861

• sals
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
So, how long does that 10 lb jug last? You have to use less, don't you?

I was thinking of clarifying butter myself, wonder if the cost would be comparable. I haven't found a distributor who delivers to my area.

Re: buttery topping... Help me find some? 02 Oct 2004 10:34 #26862

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
we order from O'dells direct. they have a 3 case minimum however. with 4 jugs to a case that 3 x 4 x 40 =

a jug will last anywhere from one to two weeks for my little one screen. lately with business as slow as it has been it has been lasting longer........
"What a crazy business"

Re: buttery topping... Help me find some? 14 Oct 2004 03:15 #26863

• pamajestic
  • Fresh Boarder
Golden Delight is made by Great Western Products. www.gwproducts.com They do not have it listed on the web site but there is a phone number to call the sales department. And yes it is much better than Superkist.

Re: buttery topping... Help me find some? 27 Jan 2005 00:38 #26864

• ttroidl
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Has anyone else been using the "Orvills" Pop & top? it was "ok" but they just replaced it with a new one thats just called "buttery topping" and lots of people do not like it, and the smell makes some employees sick?

no notice they were making a change, just snuck the new stuff in cases labled with the OLD stock number!

The local Dist. got so many complaints and returns they shipped the whole shipment back to wesson!

problem is, now we don't know what to use that our customers will accept, was sent some "wever" poping oil to try, but it sux, sulpher kist was a no go... just got 4 gals of the Great western topping to try. but dunno.

I see "venture Foods" has alot of toppings and popping oils listed, has anyone used any of those?

We may try the Odells butter, but the price is a problem...

Thanks!

Tony.
tony.

Re: buttery topping... Help me find some? 27 Jan 2005 12:20 #26865

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
We use O'dell's "Superkist II". It is MUCH better than the topping we were using, and it doesn't clog up the machinery. I thought the taste was pretty decent. My customers like it fine.

Something I learned about canned pizza sauce (I wonder if it applies here???)... Some manufacturers will make up huge vats of product, then pour it into unlabeled cans. By the time the stuff gets boxed, it can be sold under several different names (and prices).
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction