Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ice Cream

Ice Cream 05 Feb 2005 11:10 #26841

How do most single or twin theatres do with the selling of ice cream goods as part of their concession offering, especially during the warmer days. Where is a decent place to find a suitable freezer as well and the approx cost of an average size ??/ Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Ice Cream 06 Feb 2005 15:16 #26842

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
We never had any luck selling bars, or other ice cream items. They usually ended up getting tossed do to freezer burns. It was a waste, and we pulled the entire line, and countertop freezer unit.

Re: Ice Cream 07 Feb 2005 02:23 #26843

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I sell Bon Bons for $2.50. They cost me $1.19. I keep them in a small freezer in the backroom. We don't sell alot of them, but enough to keep them around.

Re: Ice Cream 17 Aug 2005 03:32 #26844

• SamCat
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
We do very well with Ice Cream products. Our main product line is the choc top which is Vanilla Ice Cream with chocolate on top.
Our freezers are supplied for free from the Ice Cream Company.

Re: Ice Cream 17 Aug 2005 17:27 #26845

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Since Nestles quit making Bon Bons and substituted Dibs for them, I quit selling ice cream. Dibs take up too much room in the freezer since they come in a small cup rather than the long retangular Bon Bons boxes that stored so neatly.

Re: Ice Cream 18 Aug 2005 01:44 #26846

• sabre0link
  • Fresh Boarder
The theater chain I'm with has a few locations with Dippin' Dots vending machines.

The price to the consumer is $3, and I'm not sure how much of that is cost... but I know most of the price is cost. We have two freezers in our clock room (huge deep freezers that stay at around -40 degrees farenheit) that we keep the cases of packages in. I think most of this is supplied by Dippin Dots, though I could be wrong. I know we are responsible for keeping the vending machine stocked, as well as removing any money from it. This location used to have to order the product, but now we contact the guy that handles Alabaster, and he orders it for us. In Alabaster he'd bring the shipment to the theater as well.

There's info on the Dippin Dots site about the vending machine, if you're interested in it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction