Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters Concession Stand Does anyone have popcorn recipes?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Does anyone have popcorn recipes?

Does anyone have popcorn recipes? 30 Jan 2005 15:22 #26760

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
I just watched on the Food Network that they had a popcorn festivle and many people entered a popcorn cooking contest. I was ecstatic by all the different things people made using popcorn, including popcorn brownies, cookies, and even meatloaf. I was wondering if anyone here has ever tried making something using popcorn or if anyone knows any links where I can find some popcorn recipes? Since I would with popcorn everyday, it wouldn't be that hard for me to make some popcorn goodies for people.

I also have another question for anybody who has made stuff using popcorn. When you pop the popcorn and the recipe says to use so many cups or quarts of popped corn, would you still use the same amount of oil and salt that you normally would when you make popcorn for customers or what? Thanks.

P.S. I did happen to find a link (www.popcorn.org) with some recipes. I would be interested in finding more though.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Does anyone have popcorn recipes? 31 Jan 2005 00:20 #26761

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
For us, consistency is everything.

We can have as many as 15 people near our poppers on busy nights.

I want our popcorn to taste the way I want it, no matter who is making it.

So... we use measured containers for raw seed and flavored salt. We use coconut oil in bag-in-box dispenser systems, and each "shot" is measured electronically. A determined portion of oil, salt and corn should yield a consistent quality of finished product, so long as the kettle is pre-heated properly and the incoming power is reasonably regulated.

It's not a complicated process. You just have to determine the ratios that yield the quantity and quality you want, then duplicate it as a matter of course. In the end, you'll be recognized for the popcorn you sell, good, bad or so-so.

Oh... consider this: Your popper will usually produce its best product AFTER the first batch you run. Resist any temptation to make only one batch of corn. Make at least two for best results. By the second batch, your popper will generally produce the same quality of product, batch after batch.

Re: Does anyone have popcorn recipes? 31 Jan 2005 14:49 #26762

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
Rodeojack:

I think there might be a crossed wire somewhere because you are talking about one thing and I'm asking about something totally different. I'm talking about taking already popped popcorn and using it to make many different kinds of foods (cookies, candy, fudge, etc). I was just wondering if anyone had any recipes or weblinks for making these items using popped popcorn. I was also curious if a recipe says to use popped popcorn if that means you would still salt the popcorn or pop the popcorn with no salt.

Re: Does anyone have popcorn recipes? 31 Jan 2005 16:42 #26763

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
Jollytime USED to sell a popcorn ball making tool which included a recipe to make the carmel corn used in the popcorn balls... As I recall the popcorn was made in the usual way but WITHOUT salt, then mixed with a honey and maple sugar syrup... You might still find this item through them...

Re: Does anyone have popcorn recipes? 31 Jan 2005 19:52 #26764

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, helvetica">quote:</font><HR> Rodeojack:
I think there might be a crossed wire somewhere <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oops... sorry. Wouldn't be the first time!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction