Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Candy case display

Candy case display 26 Dec 2004 16:43 #26752

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
This may seem very anal, but how do you organize your candy case? We will be adding new items to our candy case and I was just curious if any of you try to organize where the candy is placed. Right now, we have the candy case seperated by chocolate and non-chocolate candies. But, how do you think the candies should be organized within the chocolate and non-chocolate sections? Do you do them alphabetically by candy bar name or what? I'm just curious. Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Candy case display 26 Dec 2004 16:54 #26753

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
Chocolate/non chocolate yes, then appearance, size, color, shape, & price should be considered... Every change in what you stock requires that you take an overall look at the case, as a total, to be certain that it looks good and balanced, and is not confusing to your customers...

Re: Candy case display 26 Dec 2004 19:11 #26754

we have 3 shelves and each shelf is a different price ($1,$2,$3). Next since our candy case is next to the popcorn warmer, we put the non-chocolate items nearer to that side to prevent melting. Other than that we keep the boxed items together and the bagged together for neatness sake

Re: Candy case display 26 Dec 2004 19:55 #26755

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I have a very large assortment of candy. I try to keep all the Hershey's close together and the Nestles same thing. After that, I mostly just arrange by size so my rows are uniform. All my $1 candies are on the top shelf and the $2 on the bottom. I occasionally move the candies around so my customers have to look at all the options.

Re: Candy case display 27 Dec 2004 11:52 #26756

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
Well, right now the way we have it set up is that there are 4 sections to our candy case. The top left section is filled with our large candies and the remaining 3 sections are filled with the smaller candies. Sometime in the new year, we will be getting more larger candies and make the entire top section the larger candies and just make the bottom section the smaller candies. This should help to keep the candies situated and keep the prices of the 2 candies different. I was just trying to figure out if the candies should be seperated by brand name or candy name or sizes.

Re: Candy case display 27 Dec 2004 23:31 #26757

• Alan_G
  • Senior Boarder
If you have multiple shelves with flourescent lights under one shelf to light the next lower shelf, feel along the upper shelves. You'll likely find hot spots over top of the ballast for the light below. Keep the chocolate away from the hot spots. (A lesson learned the hard way.)

[This message has been edited by Alan_G (edited December 27, 2004).]

Re: Candy case display 28 Dec 2004 01:00 #26758

• sals
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have my candy on three shelves with three different prices. We change candies occasionally and new things sell really well. If I want something to move I put it in the center of the display. It really helps. Rearranging the display occasionally is a good thing too.

Re: Candy case display 03 Jan 2005 14:30 #26759

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
How you display your products is a very impotant part of selling them. Make every effort to keep it "eye-catching" and easy to scan.

At our house we have six small display cases which are all displayed the same but we sell from a container on the back bar. The candy in the cases is changed every month.

Bob Allen
The Old Showman
"Back In The Saddle Again"
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.302 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction