Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters Concession Stand wholesale soda prices and drop charge
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: wholesale soda prices and drop charge

wholesale soda prices and drop charge 25 Oct 2004 20:00 #26732

• wimovieman
  • Gold Boarder
I am wondering if what is happeneing to me is happening elsewhere. Our theatres use Pepsi mostly because the distribuyor is in one of the towns we own, and not that far from the other towns. Coke is quite a distance and getting service on equipment when needed is difficult, so I haven't even tried dealing with coke.

What has been happening is my distributor started adding a $5.00 drop charge, along with a $15 dollar sur-charge if needing a delivery on an off-week (currently they deliver every other week--which in most cases is not an issue unless we end up unexpectantly busy).

Are other distributors doing this?

I currently am being charged $9.36 a gallon for most post mix BIB, $9.63 a gallon for root beer and punch. How does that compare with other areas?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: wholesale soda prices and drop charge 25 Oct 2004 20:38 #26733

• muviebuf
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
For the last year or so I have been getting my 5 gal Coke product BIBS at Sam's Club. It is 45.15 per box cash and carry. No order minimums. I go and get it when I need it. Don't have to keep a large inventory that way.

It helps that my local SAMS is only 5 miles away. I generally have to go every couple of weeks as I get my bottled water there as well too.

Re: wholesale soda prices and drop charge 26 Oct 2004 08:39 #26734

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I get mine through FSA (Food Services of America). Cisco probably has Coke products, too. FSA has trucks in my area every day, so I can get an off-day delivery as long as I have 10 items on the truck. Normally, If I'm going through Coke that fast, I probably need other stuff, too. They're also cheaper than ordering the bibs direct from Coke, go figure..

Re: wholesale soda prices and drop charge 26 Oct 2004 22:50 #26735

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Just happened to have a Pepsi bill on my desk when I read this. I pay $8.67/gal + $43.35 a box for Pepsi products, including Mug. They charge me a little more for their Lemonaid, but I don't have that figure in front of me. My rep is supposed to be renewing my contract, but hasn't done so yet. I have not noticed a drop charge on off weeks, but I will check that out.

Re: wholesale soda prices and drop charge 28 Oct 2004 11:10 #26736

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
We haven't dealt with Pepsi now for nearly two years so I don't know what they are doing in my area. We are dealing with a regional beverage supplier who carries both Coke and Pepsi products along with everything else bars need. Our cost: $42.35 per 5 gallon bib of either Coke or Pepsi products ($8.47 per gallon), 21.90 for 2.5 gallon bib of pink lemonade or cherry coke ($8.76 per gallon), $25.45 for 3 gallon bib of mug root beer, lipton raspberry tea and orange slice ($8.48 per gallon). We have no drop charges. Haven't seen an extra charge for off week delivery either.

Our CO2 is taken care of through a stay full plan which costs $80 per month and guarantees that we stay full at all times. They change the tanks for us and are responsible for the system. Repair is easy to get at any time of day or night.

They also supply our machines. We have some issues with our current new Lancer machines which they installed for us this summer. The automatic fill levers don't work particularly well and one of our machines grounds our every time we have a rush and pretty much quits working on certain flavors. Not exactly the ideal situation for the theater business. We are hoping that they will be able to work something out with Lancer to either repair or replace the machine. If you have a regional type supplier around you might want to consider their services. Ask your local bar who they deal with?

Re: wholesale soda prices and drop charge 05 Nov 2004 01:56 #26737

• Mike Spaeth
  • Platinum Boarder
We pay $8.25/gallon for Pepsi products, i think $8.50 for Fruit Punch. Plus, a rebate program at the end of the year.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction