Home Forums Movie Theaters Concession Stand Butter problems at theatre
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Butter problems at theatre

Butter problems at theatre 21 Oct 2004 12:16 #26727

• noboss
  • Fresh Boarder
I never get enough butter on my popcorn. I ask them to layer it, but, if I don't watch them, they forget. The self-dispensing theatres are ok if there isn't a long line.

Does anyone know of a way to bring your own butter into the theatre and do it yourself?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Butter problems at theatre 21 Oct 2004 13:00 #26728

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
I doubt the theaters would allow you to bring in your own butter and besides, it would probably be too messy and too much of a pain in the tuchas to do anyway. The only expection we made was a guy had a dietary need and brought in some weird stuff in what looked like a medical bottle.

About the only suggestion I could make is just to ask people to do it. At our single screen, we always layer the butter in the popcorn, even if they didn't ask for it. Many people do ask for it, even though they don't realize that we already do it. Although, I know a lot of theaters don't because it is too time consuming to do so. However, if you do ask for it layered (especially if there is a self-serve butter machine), please be curtious if the theater is busy. Most theaters try to please their customers but sometimes it's a little too much when someone wants butter in the middle and there are lines of people behind them. If there aren't too many people in the lobby, then hopefully it wouldn't be such a problem.

Another thing that could be done too is to just come back out to the lobby when you have eaten half of your popcorn and just ask for more butter. I know this can be inconvenient because you are missing part of the movie, but as long as you are going to use the bathroom or get refills or candy or whatever, then it won't be that bad. Also, if there is a self-serve butter machine, then it will make it that much easier to come out and get more butter. At our 4-screen, we have the self-serve machine and we see a lot of people come out and butter the middle of their popcorns. I hope this helps.

Re: Butter problems at theatre 21 Oct 2004 13:42 #26729

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
This is a chain practice that has always puzzled me. I can't see how pre-packaging popcorn, then expecting you to put on your own topping does anything but save THEM time. No matter how you do it, you can't get the topping below halfway... well, maybe if you saturate the top. You wind up having to leave the show to get more topping. Oh, wait... there it is... an opportunity for the theatre to sell you MORE STUFF! How could I have missed that!

We have always layered our medium and large tubs... which is the main reason I've stayed with tubs... easy to handle from the bottom. The customers love it that way, and the process of doing up their order makes them feel like we've put a little time into their purchase.

I know this doesn't answer your question, Noboss... sorry. Move to Washington!

Re: Butter problems at theatre 30 Oct 2004 12:52 #26730

• Dominic
  • Junior Boarder
IMHO, if they're so busy that there's lines everywhere they can afford to haven the personell to handle the crowd and put the damned butter wherever the guest wants it!

Often I've heard requests for butter in a cup. I mean it's wierd, but I suppose it's a time saver and you get it YOUR way.

And another concession thing that's been bothering me...Why must they pack it down? Popcorn is supposed to be fluffy, damnit! FLUFFY!

Re: Butter problems at theatre 31 Oct 2004 00:29 #26731

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I am sure if you ask them not to pack it in they would be glad to oblige. I try to give my patrons a full bag, packed, but not squished.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction