Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Concession Combos

Concession Combos 20 Sep 2004 12:40 #26715

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
I was wondering what combos all of you use for your concessions. What do the concessions consist of, what are the sizes of them, how much is the combo, and how much to customers save.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Concession Combos 20 Sep 2004 14:38 #26716

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
good questions 'gut.

I haven't done combos but have been considering them. I'd also like to add a question. Do you think you sell more because you have combos? Enough more to offset the lower profit margin?
"What a crazy business"

Re: Concession Combos 20 Sep 2004 17:50 #26717

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Some people really make combos work. I'm not one of them. I know that they really work in the fast food industry, but I have never like the idea in the theatre concession stand.

We have one combo:

Jr. Combo $4.00

Mini size popcorn 46-oz
12-oz soda

For those that want a taste of the movies but think $6 for a small popcorn and small drink is too expensive. Never mind that $6 nets you 100% more product.

Small Popcorn 85-oz $3.25
Small Drink 24-oz $2.75

Re: Concession Combos 20 Sep 2004 22:18 #26718

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
We have several combos. The customers actually only save a quarter or 50 cents on them, if they were to buy the items separately. HOWEVER, where you (the owner) really make out is that your customers get used to ordering the #3 or whatever. They come in and get the LG/LG combo...whether they want it or not, hey they get a free refill...It speeds up transaction time, they just come up and order a #3 instead of spending a few minutes staring at your menu board, while the line forms longer behind them. You will find your per caps increase.

Re: Concession Combos 21 Sep 2004 03:27 #26719

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Large 32 oz. soda & Caspers Hot Dog: $4.50 (Save .50)

Two XL 44 oz. sodas & Large 130 oz. popcorn: $8.50 (Save $1) One free refill on each.

Two Large 32 oz sodas & Large 130 oz popcorn: $7.50 (Save $1) One free refill on popcorn only.

Small Combo meal: 12 oz. soda, regular size candy, & popcorn in meal box (less than a small 46 oz. popcorn: $3.50 ($.50 less than all items sold separately, but you get less popcorn in the meal)

Large Combo meal: 20 oz. soda, King size candy, & popcorn in meal box (same amount as above): $4.50 ($1.00 less than all items sold separately, but you get less popcorn in the meal)

[This message has been edited by BurneyFalls (edited September 24, 2004).]

Re: Concession Combos 21 Sep 2004 09:08 #26720

• sals
  • Expert Boarder
Kids combo: in box, from PMG.

Popcorn,
Ring pop,
16 oz soda.

We sell lots of these. You can tell who the tourists are because they order these items separately and pay more.

Re: Concession Combos 21 Sep 2004 11:23 #26721

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
Kids pack - 12 oz drink, box of popcorn, choice of $1.00 candy served in a kids tray. $3.50 - no discount. We sell tons of them because parents want their kids to have their own stuff and appreciate seeing the price of all the stuff together. We usually get our trays and plastic cups from PMG on closeout but occasionally splurge on stuff for a big new film.

These are our other deals:
Jumbo Deal - 130 oz corn with a 32 oz drink.
$6.00 discount $.50.

Twin Deal - 85 oz corn with 2 22 oz drinks.
$6.50 discount $.75.

Monster Deal - 170 oz corn with a 44 oz drink. $7.50 discount $.50.
One of the big reasons why combos work is that customers can quickly see how much they will be paying. If they go a la carte items can add up quickly and it takes a longer time to sort through exactly how much popcorn/drink you think you need. We can also make combo items so much faster than waiting for the a la carte orders to be ordered. So we give customers a deal for making it easier for us to service them quickly.

Re: Concession Combos 21 Sep 2004 12:03 #26722

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for all the responses. Hopefully more people will continue to list their combos.

I guess another thing I'm curious about is when you have your combo specials listed, do you also list how much the customer is saving or do you leave that alone?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction