Home Forums Movie Theaters Concession Stand Giving out popcorn containers
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Giving out popcorn containers

Giving out popcorn containers 22 Jun 2004 11:56 #26645

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
This topic is in relation to the "Water" topic. What do you do when people ask for extra popcorn containers so that they can share one popcorn with several people? Do you willingly give out popcorn containers to these people for free or do you charge them for the extra containers? If you give them extra containers, do you make them seperate the popcorn?

At our 1-screen, we use popcorn tubs so it would be expensive to just hand out the tubs to people. If people ask for something extra to share, we'll just give them small pop cups because those are less expensive. We also make sure to limit it to about 2 per group. We've had people that want 4 or 5 because they are in a large group but we will only give them 2 small pop cups.

At our 4-screen, we use the paper bags for popcorn. Sometimes we might give them a small popcorn bag or small pop cup. We also try to limit the number of extra containers we give people.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Giving out popcorn containers 22 Jun 2004 12:28 #26646

• Reel-Life
  • Junior Boarder
We have tubs also, and we occasionally have people ask for extra tubs. What we do is give them the popcorn bags that we order separately for the employees. Much cheaper than the tubs, no charge for customers.

Re: Giving out popcorn containers 22 Jun 2004 18:09 #26647

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
Same here. We give out the white 85oz bags. We offer free refills (original bags med/lrg) anyway. So, we don't really mind giving out a few extra cheap bags. We do have a few cheapskates that have carefully folded their theatre popcorn bag, taken it home, and tried to get it filled the next time they came in to see a movie. They have guts, or are just too stupid. They almost always get caught.

Re: Giving out popcorn containers 22 Jun 2004 19:01 #26648

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I have some regular brown lunch bags available to pass out when this occurs. Doesn't happen often here.

Re: Giving out popcorn containers 23 Jun 2004 00:16 #26649

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
We stock blank, white bags. They hold something like 20 ounces or so. I'll give them out... maybe even a couple of the 1 lb paper boats we put our fries in... but not the actual tubs.

Re: Giving out popcorn containers 23 Jun 2004 18:01 #26650

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
We stock carry trays for this purpose. Few are actually used to carrying. 90% go out to share popcorn amongst groups. We try to limit them to no more than 1 per person in the group. I get really steamed when I watch someone pour all the corn out of a monster tub(170 oz) into carry trays and then throw the empty monster tub in the garbage can in front of me.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction