Home Forums Movie Theaters Concession Stand Inside Ice Cream Stand
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Inside Ice Cream Stand

Inside Ice Cream Stand 19 May 2003 10:33 #26586

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
We just got rid of our video arcade games because of the problem we had with kids hanging out it that area. We have had a few episodes in that corner of the building involving teens.
I thinking about putting a small ice cream stand in that area. Breyers has a great little stand that I will probably look into. I plan to keep it open during the day since or ice cream shop closed down last summer. Should be a good deal as long as we don't become a local hang out. I'm not looking for that.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Inside Ice Cream Stand 19 May 2003 15:50 #26587

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
If your game room is accessable from the street why not make it an old fashioned "soda fountain"? I plan on doing that with some of my coming operations.

If it's not accessable from the street why not make your auditorium doors lockable and doing it anyway?

Bob Allen
The Old Showman
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re: Inside Ice Cream Stand 27 May 2003 11:37 #26588

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
I like that soda fountain idea. Sounds like it would cost much bucks to do it up right though. If I wanted to take the task on I would look for some real authentic stuff to decrorate the place. Thanks for the idea!

Re: Inside Ice Cream Stand 27 May 2003 19:47 #26589

• wimovieman
  • Gold Boarder
My future dream--an old fashioned ice cream parlor---keep your eyes on Ebay--I have seen many vintage soda fountains and related equipment in auction--and even though some were a bit pricey, others sold relatively cheap--of course the lower priced set-ups were not in my area

Re: Inside Ice Cream Stand 27 May 2003 23:44 #26590

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
As long as the ice cream prices aren't way too high you should do ok. I stopped going to Baskin-Robbins cause their prices are so expensive!

Re: Inside Ice Cream Stand 28 May 2004 11:41 #26591

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
UpDate: We just opened the soda fountain in our theatre. It was hard at first to get the poeple to come in because they knew that we didn't show movies at that time of day. But we advertised in the local newspaper and handed out flyers and now the traffic is beginning to come off the street. We open Fri., Sat, & Sun. right now and will soon be open during the week when school lets out. The fountain closes an hour before showtime so if people are there eating they can't sneak it into the show. I think this is going to work. Thanks from all the incouragement from all of you.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction