Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: no postings

no postings 09 Feb 2004 19:28 #26508

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
The concession stand is the biggest money maker in a theatre. How come this is one of the least used forum topics???
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: no postings 09 Feb 2004 23:46 #26509

• reelman
  • Gold Boarder
No matter what other items you try, in the end it pretty much comes comes down to popcorn, soda and candy. Will that be a large?

Re: no postings 10 Feb 2004 09:52 #26510

• Mudbrother
  • Senior Boarder
I agree with you Trackfood.. I'd love to see more postings here. Although Reelman is correct too.

One topic that may be worth discussing more is alternative marketing tactics, or something of that nature. For example, and I know I've mentioned this on the board before, but our theatre offers a free popcorn night. We did it to raise the attendance of our Monday night show. It worked, but surprisingly, we also ended up getting higher per caps on that night than on most others.

Now, to believe this, you have to understand a few things about our operation. We are an historically renovated downtown theatre doing moveover mainstream art flicks. (Does that make sense?) Being moveover, we actually do show a profit on our ticket sales. But on the other hand, our concessions per capita is lower than most. (We basically don't do many childrens movies, and how do you really move that candy without the kids?)

So any ways, I'd love to hear some ideas you folks have had for some alternative marketing in the concessions stand. How many of you do self-serve soda? Does it work?

Hope to hear some good ideas!
Rance

Re: no postings 10 Feb 2004 10:25 #26511

• dr
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
Hey guys - In answer to your question. Take a look at the all the previous posts. If you can find some new topics to write about then by all means but them in. In the past years we have covered a lot of ground.

Re: no postings 10 Feb 2004 18:12 #26512

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
I'd second that. There has been a lot of discussions from time to time. Reset that thang and "show all" and you'll see what I mean. But then again.. there's always something new.

Self serve soda? You bet it works! We do it and I LOVE it.

My theatre + 1 million convenience stores and restaurants can't be wrong

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction