Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Butter Dispensors

Butter Dispensors 02 Jan 2004 23:56 #26488

• ttroidl
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I am looking into the gold medal "automatic" unit to replace our pump type, anyone have any issues with those?

the plunger pump type just seems to spray butter everywhere and you can't control it very well...

Tony.
tony.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Butter Dispensors 03 Jan 2004 12:39 #26489

• Dominic
  • Junior Boarder
I believe Proctor makes one that's actually not too bad. The butter comes out in a steady stream, it's automated in that you press an electric button that turns on the pump. It uses bag-in-the-box butter and works fairly well. The only time I've ever had trouble was when a patron spilled soda all over the counter and it got down to the plug for the switch thus shorting that out, but after replacing the switch it was fine and just a few weeks after that incident Proctor announced a new plug type that had a better designed shield to prevent liquids from getting into the connection.

Good luck!

Re: Butter Dispensors 03 Jan 2004 20:11 #26490

• wimovieman
  • Gold Boarder
I have used a Gold Medal Automatic in one location for 3 years--I liked it so much I just added one to another location--3 more locations to go--but they are not cheap.

I did notice my laundry costs went way down as the automatics do not "splash" topping on shirts--which seemed to be an issue with the hand pump when busy and pushing too fast.

Re: Butter Dispensors 03 Jan 2004 22:53 #26491

• ttroidl
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Yup, I was quoted $895 from the local dealer...

The Splashing butter was/is the major reason for the proposed switch.

I was concerned as to how you control how much for small corn, med, large etc...

how does that work????
tony.

Re: Butter Dispensors 04 Jan 2004 01:29 #26492

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
The server products dispensers work this way. You push the auto button,(with your hand or the tub or bag) it dispenses (i don't know exactly how much). You just keep pushing the button for more. Example, our small gets a squirt, med 2-3 large 4-5...
so yes, you can definately control how much you put on. They aren't cheap, they are made right here in wisconsin, and they work great. I've worked with these automatic ones for 12 years and no real problems...
Jeff

Re: Butter Dispensors 05 Jan 2004 15:08 #26493

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
You can adjust the length of flow on the Server units, changing the manufacturers pre-set. But, you will need to open the unit. See the owners manual for details.

Re: Butter Dispensors 06 Jan 2004 17:09 #26494

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
We've been running Servers for more than 7 years now. Our first was the original unit which came with our first theater and was circa 30 years old. We finally wore it out and replaced it with our profits from Monsters, Inc. The new one was taller for today's taller popcorn containers. Fast forward to our new theater which came with a manual pump which (like everything else) was broken and just jury rigged to function sort of. We replaced it within a 2 months with a brand new Gold Medal unit which was even taller than our Server unit still in use at the other theater. The Gold Medal was nice with a little tray to catch the butter which drips out once it is warmed up. We had had some problems with it losing its prime and trying to teach the kids to prime it wasn't fun either but then the pump quit completely within 2 months. Our supplier tried to repair it with parts from Gold Medal but every pump they sent us wouldn't work in the unit. They finally gave up and ordered us a new Server unit and returned the faulty unit to Gold Medal for a full refund. The server unit was a little bit cheaper than the Gold Medal. Our new Server unit arrived in time for us to store it away for the future as our older Server was moved up here from the other theater.

While they are expensive, we think that they are worth it in every way. Just make sure that your counter is built like a tank and won't move when people bump against it and that none of your employees moves the machine without realizing that all that melted butter is going to bounce around in there and spill out the sides if they move it too fast. Cleaning underneath the butter bowl is not fun. BTW, we usually keep a paper towel under the butter spigot to catch the drips. Even the Gold Medal had a paper towel inside the drip tray so that it was easier to clean.

Buttering popcorn is an artform here. We butter every container twice - middle and top. We don't just squirt in the center. We twirl the container so that the butter is as evenly distributed as we can. We offer people a butter guarantee. If they need more butter they can bring it back for more. Nothing like a happy customer for very little extra cost in butter.

Re: Butter Dispensors 06 Jan 2004 17:31 #26495

• Mudbrother
  • Senior Boarder
Please ignore this post, I just found my answer in the archives!

<<On a related topic... Does anyone use 'real' butter topping? Is such a thing available, or only the 'buttery topping' stuff. If you do use real butter, how can you keep it fresh, etc.?
Thanks,
Rance>>

[This message has been edited by Mudbrother (edited January 06, 2004).]

Re: Butter Dispensors 06 Jan 2004 20:46 #26496

• Rialto
  • Gold Boarder
Odell's sells anhydrous butter fat, which is essentially butter with the milk solids removed so that it doesn't spoil. It's about 4 times the cost of the faux stuff, but you can't beat the taste of real butter.

Re: Butter Dispensors 20 Jan 2004 06:40 #26497

• Alan_G
  • Senior Boarder
For the greatest old fashioned popcorn taste use Odell's "Real" butter topping and, equally important, pop it in coconut oil.

Re: Butter Dispensors 20 Jan 2004 08:37 #26498

• Mudbrother
  • Senior Boarder
Gotta say, we just tried the sample of O'Dell's anhydrous butterfat, and I think it's great! We're gonna try to start serving it here soon.
Thanks for the advice,
Rance

Re: Butter Dispensors 20 Jan 2004 15:49 #26499

• tratcliff
  • Gold Boarder
Can someone post what the exact name is of this "real" butter flavoring.
I want to press my supplier to see if I can get a sample.
But I've found from experience that I have to request the EXACT product. Otherwise I end up with a just something close.

Thanks,
Tony R.

Re: Butter Dispensors 20 Jan 2004 20:11 #26500

• wimovieman
  • Gold Boarder
O'dells will gladly send you a whole marketing kit along with samples--I thought the stuff was great too--other than the $110 for 40 pounds---but my customers thought it was too rich and my sales of plain started increasing, while topped decreased hitting my per caps, so I was forced to go back to fake--and in the dairy state
(i was raised a dairy farmer and hate not using "real")--but customers rule

Re: Butter Dispensors 21 Jan 2004 13:47 #26501

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
Wimovieman,

Wow, that's a new one.

Re: Butter Dispensors 21 Jan 2004 22:09 #26502

• Rialto
  • Gold Boarder
O'dells Real Butter Topping is real butter with the milk solids removed, which is why its called anhydrous butterfat.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction