Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: BIG Poppa

BIG Poppa 18 Nov 2003 07:47 #26421

• KingJoe
  • Senior Boarder
Is there such thing as too big a popcorn popper, or is it better to save some money and possibly add a second machine as needed. I'm thinking of a popper for a single screen 150 seats.

The King

'The King is only as wise as his Jester'
'The King is only as wise as his Jester'
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: BIG Poppa 18 Nov 2003 11:30 #26422

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
We run a 32 once Kettle and two warmers in our 800 seat, 5-screen art house.

I'll bet that a nice 16 once kettle and no warmer would work well for 150 seat, single screen.

Re: BIG Poppa 18 Nov 2003 21:03 #26423

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
252 seat single screen: 32 oz. popper works fine on most nights. I bring out the warmer on the first night or two of major blockbusters. The number one rule at any theatre is to NEVER EVER RUN OUT OF POPCORN. You can always make small batches on slower nights.

Re: BIG Poppa 18 Nov 2003 23:42 #26424

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
For a 150 seat house I'd vote for a 16oz popper... Cold start time to popping temp will be about half what a 32oz requires (be sure to buy a 240 volt popper) and once up to temp, it will pop nearly as fast as you can load and dump it... Only exception would be if you are selling it in 5 gallon buckets, then the 32oz popper might make sense... The only reason to run out would be if you're absolutely buried with customers, and I've never seen a customer who wouldn't either wait or come back when you tell 'em it'll be ready: they LOVE it hot out of the popper, even though you tell 'em it's best after it sits about 5 minutes (to allow the moisture released during popping a chance to evaporate)... Nothing sells popcorn like seeing and smelling it actually popping: draws 'em like flies to road kill!...

Re: BIG Poppa 19 Nov 2003 11:48 #26425

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
I would recommend the 14 oz Gold Medal since that is the biggest machine that does not require special electrical wiring and it can do the job easily. We ran one for a 322 seat single screen. Get the automatic oil pump installed and you will have the best tasting popcorn that anyone has ever tasted. Small poppers make better tasting corn.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction