Home Forums Movie Theaters Concession Stand Concession Dimentions
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Concession Dimentions

Concession Dimentions 02 Oct 2003 19:21 #26405

• KingJoe
  • Senior Boarder
Just wondering what some of you have as far as size of concession stand and storage area. I'd especially like some input from single or twin owners. How small can it be and still be effective? The concession stand, that is....

The King

'The King is only as wise as his Jester'
'The King is only as wise as his Jester'
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Concession Dimentions 02 Oct 2003 23:39 #26406

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
JOE <> 42" plate glass (top and front) lighted candy case serves as concession counter area, with popcorn machine directly butted up against one end... Directly behind (with 30" aisle) is rear counter with drink making area, sink, microwave, and concession cash drawer: kitchen type cabinets (wood with doors) on wall above... Refrigirator and upright freezer behind a "screen wall" butted up to other side of popcorn machine... Ticket sales at other end of candy counter (near theater entrance) with counter (and cash drawer beneath) angling away from the wall to the face of the candy counter, and gate between (on customer side)... Two people can run the whole thing MOST of the time, with ticket seller helping in concessions, and a third person helping when extremely busy... Very efficient and compact with just enough room to work, without falling over one another... A single screen operation...

Re: Concession Dimentions 03 Oct 2003 11:19 #26407

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Joe,

I'm designing my single screen concession area now and it is remarkably similar to outtaframes. I think the key is to make it efficient without a bunch of steps in between the most often used items (ie popcorn, soda pop, register). Since our concession doubles as our ticket counter it will hopefully be efficient enough that one person could run the whole thing if they needed to. I will be relying on volunteer labor so I want to be able to still run the operation if a volunteer calls in sick or whatever.

My basic configuration is a long candy counter in front with the register beside it and the popcorn popper off to the side. The pop and sink areas are directly behind that. I think I can get to each area without bumping into the other employees.

Good Luck

Lee

[This message has been edited by leeler (edited October 03, 2003).]
"What a crazy business"

Re: Concession Dimentions 06 Oct 2003 09:06 #26408

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
....and it helped a lot when we did soda self serve.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction