Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: all about nacho's

all about nacho's 06 Apr 2003 18:41 #26272

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
we're about to start in on the nacho's. What cheese do you like? How do you keep your chips? Do you like the heated glass cases? What are the popular toppings with the cheese?

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: all about nacho's 07 Apr 2003 19:36 #26273

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
Senior Carlos cheese in a bag!!!! Yummy, the stuff lasts about 2 weeks in ya place it in the fridge every night. It's made by Gehls in Germantown WI. Sold all over the USA, under many different names. Has a nice bite to it. We store our chips in a food safe clear plastic storage conatiner. Heated chip cases are a waste of $$$$$. Jalepano's are a popular topping, but yer gonna find em on the floor in your theatres!

Re: all about nacho's 07 Apr 2003 20:37 #26274

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
check out www.gehls.com

You buy the dispenser from them for like $250.00, they rebate part of that back to you with free cases of cheese.They have great free promotional materials.As stated earlier, cheese lasts for a while, you don't have to do a bunch of cleaning to the dispenser either.

Re: all about nacho's 10 Apr 2003 11:21 #26275

• Barry Floyd
  • Gold Boarder
We had a Gold Medal rep come out to the house last week.

The deal we got was... as long as we buy the chips and cheese from them, they will give us the Heated Glass Case and Cheese Pump unit for free.

I told him as long as his prices were competitive with other local food service companies we'd do it. If they got too pricey.. he could come get his stuff.

Barry Floyd
Floyd Entertainment Group
Lebanon, Tennessee

Stardust Drive-In Theatre
Watertown, Tennessee
Barry Floyd
Floyd Entertainment Group
Lebanon, Tennessee

Stardust Drive-In Theatre
Watertown, Tennessee

Re: all about nacho's 10 Apr 2003 12:34 #26276

• tratcliff
  • Gold Boarder
I've used both Rico Nacho and Gehl's.

Rico all the way. Especially on the chili.

Tony

Re: all about nacho's 10 Apr 2003 22:06 #26277

• muviebuf
  • Platinum Boarder
The biggest problem with Nachos is getting the cheese off the seat fabric. It almost seem to bond.

Re: all about nacho's 11 Apr 2003 15:01 #26278

• usfrench
  • Gold Boarder
My fear is moviebufs note. Isn't the clean-up a real pain? Does it decrease your seat life?

Re: all about nacho's 13 Apr 2003 08:06 #26279

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
In all honesty, we haven't had any more trouble with spilled nachos than with anything else.

Re: all about nacho's 13 Apr 2003 12:23 #26280

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
We also worried about the cheese on the seat issue. Had seen it as a problem as a previous theater where we worked. Our solution has been to use the portion pack containers of cheese. They have not caused us a cleanup headache and they have allowed us to offer a product that we wouldn't have touched otherwise. Just my two cents.

Re: all about nacho's 01 May 2003 11:49 #26281

Hey Mike - Have you started with the Nacho's yet? I'm sure you've seen your Poll results. Looks like the Nacho's have the best performance votes.

Re: all about nacho's 11 May 2003 23:32 #26282

• ttroidl
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
we use Gehls, no problems except the last bit of cheese won't come out of the bags and gets waisted unless your willing to do it by hand...

removing spilled cheese from seats is not a problem, I've found LIFTOFF removes it without a trace!

I put the hot peppers in little 1oz containers with lids, only give to people who ask for them, never had to clean any up and they don't get waisted by people who didn't want them!

I use Snyders chips...
tony.

Re: all about nacho's 12 May 2003 10:19 #26283

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Sorry about that: we did go with Gehl's. We got the "not hot" chees and I think it too bland. We're charging 2.50 + .35 for jalapeno cup. I'm not wild about our chips. But it is nice to have variety.

We ordered the hot dog Star steamer and all the supplies: 285.00 on sale at Superior right now. I want to add the chili so we cn have a nachos-dogs-kraut cookoff!

There's an old saying in retail: you can't do business from an empty cart. It means that a richness of choice promotes buying. You may have the 3 best things in the world but you need 100 things to create buying. I think the concession stand is like that. If you have a lot of different choices they start thinking : I better eat! I hope.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: all about nacho's 23 May 2003 01:43 #26284

• Dundee Ed
  • Fresh Boarder
We needed to have old machine repaired when we bought this theatre. I contacted Gehls directly. They leased us a new machine for a very very reasonable price. It is a double dispenser and holds two bags of cheese. We also got an attachment that allows us to take that little bit that won't come out and squeeze it into another bag - so no waste. This dispenser can be used for chili in a bag also. Got to use their cheese though. We like their cheese so it is not a problem. We also have jalepenos if requested and don't have much trouble with clean up. Have a special that sells well. Large drink and nachos for reduced price. We use portioned cups at another theatre. It works just fine there too but the cost difference in the two products is very wide. Dispensing is much cheaper and I think a better looking product.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.482 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction