Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters Concession Stand is anyone using the Candee fluff tubs from gold medal?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: is anyone using the Candee fluff tubs from gold medal?

is anyone using the Candee fluff tubs from gold medal? 15 Feb 2003 14:18 #26171

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Is anyone using the candee fluff tubs from gold medal?
If you are, do they keep cotton candy fresher longer?
Does the attractive tub help promote sales?
Any problems to make them?
How does the extra cost of the tub compared to the cotton candy bags effect you?
Can you charge more for the tub?
Your thoughts, let me know.
thanks
jeff
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: is anyone using the Candee fluff tubs from gold medal? 17 Feb 2003 11:15 #26172

• LanceC
  • Expert Boarder
I use the tubs. Sure, they cost more but people like them, the product stays fresh for weeks...not days. We can make 200 tubs ahead and if they don't sell in a week...they last. I also fill them with more than what they say on the label. I display them right on the counter. Great for movies like the Jungle Book 2.
lance

Re: is anyone using the Candee fluff tubs from gold medal? 18 Feb 2003 03:26 #26173

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
What kind of machine do you have? How much do they cost? What about the cost/profit of pre-packaged cotton candy? How messy is the stuff to make? How messy is the stuff to eat--sticky hands on seats?

Our local Rotary Club sells cotton candy on the 4th of July and the people making the stuff are covered with pink fluff before the night is over. I have been fortunate enough to be a the cash register every time!

Re: is anyone using the Candee fluff tubs from gold medal? 18 Feb 2003 19:20 #26174

• LanceC
  • Expert Boarder
I Bought a Gold Medal "#3015SS, X-15R Stainless Steel Whirlwind" with the plexiglas "floss bubble. I bought it new and think I have somewhere around $1300.00 into it. I package what amounts to 1 oz of sugar in the tub. I buy the sugar for less than $4 for 10 pounds. The flossine costs about $9 for a pound tin. I use 2 tablespoons for 5 pounds of sugar. Forget all the fancy colors and flavors. Pink and blue are all you need. Blue outsells pint 3 to 1. I charge $2.25 for a tub of it. But the tubs costs somewhere around 50 cents if I remember right so I have about 80cents into it plus the cost of labor and the machine. I sold about 1000 the first two months I had the machine. The kids love to come in to make it, because there is nothing better than fresh cotton candy and I let them eat all they want while making it. Mess...yes there is production mess, but I have yet to see it on the seats or floor like I see junior mints or some of the others for that matter. Just mop it up. I like it because I now produce the product and get to keep most of the money. Check the website at http://www.gmpopcorn.com/catpg_36.htm
hope this helps
lance
If you go to showest, check out the older guy in the gold medal booth. He is the President of the company and can give you all the details

Re: is anyone using the Candee fluff tubs from gold medal? 18 Feb 2003 23:57 #26175

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have a cretors ringmaster machine. I think they are about $1500 new, I bought mine used from a concession supplier for $500. If you're worried about the mess, buy the bubble, and I also bought some "mesh" type thing that goes in the bin, this really helps to keep the stuff from flying around. I don't think its messy at all. I sell it in a bag for $2.50 and have about 20-25 cents cost per bag. Especially kids (but adults too) love this stuff. A good idea for some of you that run downtown theatres, is to sell it outside when they have a "sidewalk sale",or other types of events in your area.

Re: is anyone using the Candee fluff tubs from gold medal? 20 Feb 2003 00:23 #26176

• Adam Fraser
  • Expert Boarder
We buy it from some friends of ours that own an ice cream shop and only get it during certain times of the year i.e. summer kids movies when attendance is the highest. It sells very well and people like it.

Re: is anyone using the Candee fluff tubs from gold medal? 25 Feb 2003 14:35 #26177

• ttroidl
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Been selling them since 1st of the year and sell like hotcakes!

No problems with them at all...

tony.

Re: is anyone using the Candee fluff tubs from gold medal? 25 Feb 2003 21:42 #26178

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Guess I will be checking the fluff machines out at ShoWest along with a new hotdog machine.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction