Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters Concession Stand what time is closing time?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: what time is closing time?

what time is closing time? 14 Feb 2003 07:52 #26164

• swapman26
  • Fresh Boarder
A while back I posted a reply to a topic about closing procedures.

I told about a guy who was not really good at customer service, but got his job done by closing time. Some of you told me that he was not good at customer service. I already agree. What I was talking about was that he had everything spotless at closing time. (11 o'clock) (did I mention spotless?) His schedule would have paid him for another hour, but he was on the ball, and he got his job done when the "official" bell rang. He did not stand around, he was very pro active. He knew the dishes had to be done. he did them. He knew the butter machine, the popper, the counters needed to be cleaned, the napkins re-stocked. It was done by that time. This guy did not stand around. When it was slow, he always kept himself busy. I do agree that as long as the staff is still cleaning, keep the popcorn in the warmer. We however seem to have an official "we're closed" so I guess that means "we're closed" As I have said before

I wish that my payroll could afford to sell just one more $4 large Coke to that individual who wants to buy a large coke (once a month) at 1 am.

I am however looking forward to the intermission on "God's and Generals" HMMMM What time will that be when we get 2 prints and the last one starts at 10:30.

Swapman

p.s. the "not so good at customer service guy" I talked about before (thankfully) is not going to Kuwait/Iraq, He is going to Korea. (who knows)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: what time is closing time? 14 Feb 2003 12:05 #26165

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
That $4 popcorn cost you $21 in staff costs plus electriciy to sell.

I wouldn't start Gods & Generals later than 9:00 PM.

Print #1 11:00 AM, 3:30 PM, 8:00 PM (out at 12:00)
Print #2 2:00 PM, 7:00 PM, (out at 11:00 PM)

Market this film to school groups and you can start Print #2 as early at 9:30 AM. It has historical value and we ran Gettysberg for an 8th grade school group.

The last 4-hour movie I had, I played at 2:00 PM and 7:30 PM.

[This message has been edited by Large (edited February 14, 2003).]

Re: what time is closing time? 24 Feb 2003 01:30 #26166

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
swapman26:

If your payroll doesn't allow you to pay someone to stay and keep it open then I would suggest you stay and keep it open yourself. There will be those customers who appreciate and buy on their way out. (I'm assuming you don't own the place and are on a salary here.)

Bob Allen
The Old Showman

[This message has been edited by revrobor (edited February 24, 2003).]
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction