Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: carmel glaze pop?

carmel glaze pop? 19 Feb 2003 00:05 #26146

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Does anyone use the carmel glaze pop from gold medal? I think walmarts use that to make their carmel corn.You make it right in your popper, just add this special stuff. Any thoughts on this?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: carmel glaze pop? 19 Feb 2003 11:26 #26147

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
Hi trackfood - Just a quick question. Does that special stuff do anything to the popper like leaving a film of any kind?

Re: carmel glaze pop? 19 Feb 2003 19:39 #26148

• wimovieman
  • Gold Boarder
I have been using carmel glaze in one of my single screens for about 3 years now, I have a smaller popper dedicated to just that. I would not ever use glaze in my main popper. Profit margine is a lot lower than regular popcorn, but also warrants a higher retail price. I sell more to older patrons than I do younger (have not tried the other flavors available because of space--I am sure the blue raspberry would sell to younger). It has not taken away from regular popcorn sales, but has not added much to the per cap either. I keep it more for giving another choice to my customers.

Re: carmel glaze pop? 19 Feb 2003 20:29 #26149

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
We regularly make carmel corn at our single screen theater. It sells reasonably but it is a market that you have to develop. We use our regular kettle and clean it before we make regular popcorn. The carmel corn is then bagged in a quart freezer storage bag with a twist tie which is stuffed inside a #1 size popcorn box. It then stays fresh for quite a while. Humidity was the problem that caused us to bag it as it would make the corn soft and mushy instead of crisp. We do get a premium price for it and it doesn't seem to affect our regular popcorn sales. Many people buy a box on the way out to take home.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction