Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Gold Medal popper

Gold Medal popper 19 Dec 2002 10:59 #26065

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
Can I rave about our Gold Medal "Pop O Gold" 32 oz popper? We have both a Cretors Diplomat and a brandy new Gold Medal. I was scared about the Gold Medal. Many people I spoke with preveious to our purchase have Cretors and they speak highly of it and people tend to stick with the one you know. So when we made a deal with Gold Medal to take the Neon Pop-O-Gold we were just a little nervous. We bought the bag in the box neon model. I love this machine and let me tell you what I really like about it compared to the Diplomat: you can remove the kettle for cleaning with two finger twist fittings. Unplug the quickee elec connector and it's out on the counter, out of the way. The Diplomat is always hard to get behind the kettle to clean. With the GM it's simple and really makes it soooooo easy! Everything else works perfectly on the Gold Medal: The neon is way cool. The attention to detail and finish is perfect. I like that the keeping temp is warmer than our Cretors. I do not care for the "back up" beeper on the GM popper calling for oil refill: that drives us all nuts! We'll probably figure out how to disconnect it! Other than that small complaint: If you are looking for a popper you will not go wrong with the Gold Medal. Check it out: www.gmpopcorn.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Gold Medal popper 19 Dec 2002 12:42 #26066

• tratcliff
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I've had a Gold Medal for years. It's a work-horse. I did have the kettle heating element go out after about a year. But Gold Medal was great about it. They overnighted me a loaner, I shipped mine to them, they fixed it asap and sent it back. No down time.
And it is very easy to clean. Everything comes apart.

FYI. I have used the Gold Medal, the Cretors, and some generic popper cleaner. And I have found that the Gold Medal works best of all of them.

Tony

Re: Gold Medal popper 22 Dec 2002 10:34 #26067

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
Mike-
I'll agree. I've used Gold Medal and Cretors. They both are great poppers, I do seem to have less problems with Gold Medal. They're cheaper, and have some great features, I have a 16-oz Astro-Pop with the neon header and its a worhorse.

Re: Gold Medal popper 23 Dec 2002 10:30 #26068

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
What kind of horse was that?

Good to hear the positives. The single best thing about GM is the easily removable kettle.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Gold Medal popper 23 Dec 2002 11:58 #26069

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
I mean WORKHORSE

Re: Gold Medal popper 23 Dec 2002 13:41 #26070

• LanceC
  • Expert Boarder
Here is what my enterprising young workers have done to beat the cleaning of my Diplomat. I couldn't believe it when I walked in one day and saw them in the popper.
lance
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.615 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction