Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Concession signage?

Concession signage? 17 Dec 2002 15:20 #26058

• Matthew
  • Junior Boarder
What do you use for your concession stand signage? Backlit mylar/vinyl signs, ones with push-in letters, or something else?

We're getting new signs in next week - just new mylars to go in our existing old UA-issue frames - but I'm curious what other people use.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Concession signage? 17 Dec 2002 15:52 #26059

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
We got our new menu board from Pepsi. Backlit with blue/black push in letters. The best that we little guys can get our hands on unless we want to pay big bucks for mylars - which we aren't really interested in.

Re: Concession signage? 17 Dec 2002 16:14 #26060

• Matthew
  • Junior Boarder
We're getting our new mylars from Pepsi, too, actually. I'm a bit wary as to how much it'll cost us if we change prices down the line.

Re: Concession signage? 19 Dec 2002 11:03 #26061

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
We don't allow for no Pepsi or anyone else signage in our theatres. We only put up the signs we want. We go to prof sign companies and they do a great job! Costs a little more but there's no feeling of slavery re: my sign or the highway. We also buy our own coolers so we don't have to discusss "what's in the cooler we gave you?"

Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Concession signage? 19 Dec 2002 13:10 #26062

• Matthew
  • Junior Boarder
That's how I would have preferred to do it. But I'm not the one who signs the checks.

Re: Concession signage? 20 Dec 2002 07:24 #26063

• usfrench
  • Gold Boarder
We also went independent although I did take a fridge from Coke. Let them just try and tell me what to put in it and they'll be carrying it out the same day. In most markets and in today's economy, they need us more than we need them and don't forget it!

Re: Concession signage? 22 Dec 2002 10:27 #26064

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Mike-
While I applaud the fact that you don't want to feel enslaved to a soda company, I would take whatever signage they will give you. The simple fact is: Signage helps tremendously in our business. If they will give you back lit translates of popcorn and a pepsi, or hot dog and a pepsi, or nachos and a pepsi, that is the best advertising you could do. If they will give you a back lit menu board that is attractive, that will help with your impressions to the customers as well. Besides, if you sell coke and pepsi, and you put up a pepsi board, the coke guy will give you a bigger and better thing with coke on it. Take what they'll give you and use what you want to use. Signage is everything.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction