Home Forums Movie Theaters Concession Stand Back Behind The Stand
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Back Behind The Stand

Back Behind The Stand 02 Aug 2002 11:49 #25913

• take2
  • Gold Boarder
What's the most people you've had working behind the concession stand at one time and what movie was it?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Back Behind The Stand 02 Aug 2002 14:51 #25914

• Matthew
  • Junior Boarder
Well... for me, in a two-screen subrun theater, I had 4 people, plus myself, behind the con counter (1 on each register, one pulling drinks for one till, one doing corn for both tills, and myself either pulling drinks or doing...whatever.) There were a couple of times we'd do that. I think we may have staffed 5 people behind the con counter, once or twice (usually by grabbing an employee there to see a movie and drafting them into temporary service). However, 3 or 4 behind con was pretty typical for Friday and Saturday nights, or for kiddie matinees on the weekend.

Re: Back Behind The Stand 02 Aug 2002 16:44 #25915

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
We have 3 stations.

At most we have had 5 working behind the stand and that is very crouwded. We have one person to a till. One person doing popcorn. And one person running and pulling drinks.

Re: Back Behind The Stand 02 Aug 2002 19:09 #25916

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
Sometimes one but 2 is good when busy but any more than 3 is too many and impossible. The corn person only does corn, maybe cady, or a soda and the other person always does the register

Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Back Behind The Stand 03 Aug 2002 15:11 #25917

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
Four is the max for us. Box person can also do corn orders, corn person can do corn or take orders, main order taker and pop machine person can do drinks and take orders.
All at one station but we don't have registers we do the math in our heads or on calculators and do anything to keep the line moving.

Re: Back Behind The Stand 06 Aug 2002 01:03 #25918

• Mill
  • Expert Boarder
At our 7 screen discount, on our 5th anniversary we had FREE movies all day. Spreading the shows out 10 - 15 min betwen start times we had 7 behind the concession. Only 4 tills. 2 to run popcorn, 1 cotton candy and ice and other errands. It was insane! but loads of fun too.

This year it's $1 movies all day (Aug. 10th) We'll finish 8 years. $1 sm. pop, $1 sm. corn, $1 round of mini golf (that is at our theatre too) and we also have a Little Caesars restaurant. Slice of pizza and pop for $2 from noon-5 and the proceeds of that go to the staff scholarship fund.

Re: Back Behind The Stand 06 Aug 2002 01:05 #25919

• Mill
  • Expert Boarder
Usually 4 is the max and that is not too often.

Re: Back Behind The Stand 06 Aug 2002 19:02 #25920

• LanceC
  • Expert Boarder
Years ago the girls gave a name to the job of checking on movies and quieting people down. Movie Bitch as they call it. Weekends we have 4 behind the counter and a "Movie Bitch" on to keep track of the lobby and auds with a presence...
These kids always crack me up
lance
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction