Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Inventories

Inventories 03 Nov 2001 02:17 #25867

What day do you do your inventory? What day/night is the best for getting a good count? The theatre that I recently took over has not had an inventory done in months and months.....So now, I need to get a good inventory going. How and when do you do it? Do you use manual or computer reports? Do you do it weekly, bi weekly or monthly?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Inventories 03 Nov 2001 06:51 #25868

• Linda
  • Gold Boarder
On the items such as popcorn cups, drink cups, candy, etc. we count nightly. Bulk items such as popcorn seed, syrup, etc,and what's left in stock room we count weekly (on Sunday night) so I know what to order on Monday morning. Our concession program is set up to pretty much take care of it, except for the manual count(we have the Omniterm system). Back in the day we before we had this system, I had set up just a spread sheet to keep track of it, but we still had to count items nightly.
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: Inventories 18 Jul 2002 11:43 #25869

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
We keep or inventory on a computer disk and take our counts on Weds. night and then again on Sun. These two nights seem to be the slowest on average. We place the order on Mon. or Tues. All our counting is done by hand and added or subtracted as need be.

Re: Inventories 18 Jul 2002 22:43 #25870

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Tubs, Cups, candy etc. are counted nightly. Non-saleables are counted weekly, Thursday nights. This day seems to make the most sense, because in the theatre business, esentially our week begins Fri. and ends Thurs. We use radiant systems, and it is all in the computer, then we compare it with the manual counts.

Re: Inventories 19 Jul 2002 00:17 #25871

• Mill
  • Expert Boarder
I agree Thursday night works best for us too, as it is the "end" of the week. When we make the order for next week it just means we have to look at the stock levels on Monday again which I would think most people do after the weekend anyway.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction