Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: finding a ready made stand

finding a ready made stand 16 Jun 2002 14:26 #25862

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 37
Clark aka USFRENCH found a stand that had been ready made by a copncession stand outfit and got a good deal on it. I'm wondering where, who, how much? Anyone else done this? I've never done a brand new stand so I'm working the ideas.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: finding a ready made stand 16 Jun 2002 16:06 #25863

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
When you find out let me know.

I have the sneaking suspicion that replacing our 1970's stand with a larger one will require the attentions of one of these new designers advertising in Boxoffice at a cost of 50,000+. Obviously not for me. So we keep our eyes open.
Our candy case has the name Butler Fixture & Manufactuing Co Denver Colorado on it. I have searched for them on the web and turned up nothing. They made a good case with lots of display area and I would love to find out whether they are still in business. I think that we might be able to build the rest of the stand ourselves from stock countertops and cabinets a la Home Depot. (At least I could have something other than bright blue and bright yellow).

Re: finding a ready made stand 29 Jun 2002 18:54 #25864

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 37
All of the major concession outfits have stuff they have made or taken into trade so they all should have something. Beats the Depot.

Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: finding a ready made stand 01 Jul 2002 12:58 #25865

• SMMORRIS
  • Senior Boarder
Our Theatre is vintage 1936. I had a local cabinet maker construct our concession stand to match the decor of the lobby. He charged me about $3000 several years ago and that included the candy counter and it's cover.

Re: finding a ready made stand 13 Jul 2002 12:43 #25866

• usfrench
  • Gold Boarder
Mike,
the ready made stands we bought were from JARCO INDUSTRIES in N.Y.(concessionstands.com) They were very pleasant and reasonable to deal with. We bought two 30"Wide X 27" Deep lighted candy counters (Model #FFCDC30) melamine and glass). They can laminate in any of 100's of colors. $865 each. I then put a Cretors Diplomat between them and instantly created a two station concession counter. (We have a small lobbY). For the back counter, I had my carpenters build a unit that looked like an an old-fashioned Bar Back with period moudings, beadboard and etched glass. Clke provided my free of charge with in counter ice bins and the soda fountain units that mount above. I'd be ahppy to send you specs and/or pics. All in all very economical and it really has an turn-of-the-century nickelodeon feel to it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction