Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters Concession Stand Anyone selling Dippin Dots?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Anyone selling Dippin Dots?

Anyone selling Dippin Dots? 02 May 2002 13:25 #25842

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Do any of you sell Dippin Dots -THE ICE CREAM OF THE FUTURE? We will be getting a vending machine that sells these this summer, but I know they also have some freezer units behind the vending stand for sales that way too in other locations. Do you have it, and if you do how does it sell for you, and any problems?

If you don't know what dippin dots are, visit their web site at www.dippindots.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Anyone selling Dippin Dots? 02 May 2002 13:49 #25843

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
Let's start this with a few admissions.

I like candy.
I like icecream.
I like soda pop.
I like junk food, and I like fast food.

I hate Dipping Dots!

I tried them last year at ShoWest and I had to throw them away. I know that the concession stand isn't about what we like but what sells and if Dipping Dots sell, God love em. But please don't make me eat another package. As a result of my hatred for this product, we have decided not to purchase them at this time.

Re: Anyone selling Dippin Dots? 02 May 2002 16:17 #25844

• D. Bird
  • Expert Boarder
Help me here, they look like "ice-cream ball bearings"?????? How can you improve on (good) ice-cream? It's like re-inventing the wheel, replacing film with video, I could go on and on......Good ice cream is like good mac and cheese, you want a nice thick creamy mass of it when eating, not ball bearings........

Re: Anyone selling Dippin Dots? 03 May 2002 16:12 #25845

• GREGBORR
  • Gold Boarder
Tried them and hated them, I thought they were disgusting.

[This message has been edited by GREGBORR (edited May 03, 2002).]

Re: Anyone selling Dippin Dots? 05 May 2002 17:16 #25846

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
So you think I ought to try and sell them some advertising?

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Anyone selling Dippin Dots? 05 May 2002 20:32 #25847

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
WOW-
I don't mind them, they're nothing great. But I guess most of the theatre operators don't really care for them. Well, its coming down from headquarters, so it doesn't matter if I like them or not, they're coming. The other managers in my circuit I've talked to say they sell great though. Well see, and I'll let you know.

Re: Anyone selling Dippin Dots? 06 May 2002 09:31 #25848

• GREGBORR
  • Gold Boarder
Mike,
Sell them all the advertising space you want, just keep the free samples for yourself! I'm sure they sell in the right markets, but as for the ice cream of the future.....

Greg Borr
RTS

Re: Anyone selling Dippin Dots? 06 May 2002 12:55 #25849

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
If I had all to do over again I'd have made the concession space 3 times as big. On a busy night we'll have 700 +/- come through. Any restaurant would kill for those numbers! All you have to do is have something they like and the register will ring! I'd have added ice cream cones myself!

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Anyone selling Dippin Dots? 06 May 2002 19:06 #25850

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
Mike-
You're absolutely right. Big vending stand= big $$$. That is where we all make our money. If I ever have my own theatre I will be utilizing all of my additional business concession experience in that thing and maximize every inch of space into profitable space.You're right, we all have this essential captive audience that we can tap into for maximum profit. One key thing to think about in the concession stand is MARKETING- I've seen all kinds of theatres old and new alike-many just don't do their best to market their products. Lighted menu boards, appetizing pictures of your products, nachos, pretzels,etc. Displaying your items, hanging the bags of cotton candy out for everyone to see.All essential to selling more items. You can have a menu with all of your items on it, but pictures, back lit menu board pictures, table tents, etc. all really SELL the items.An example-Two theatres I recently visited: Theatre A had a counter top refrigerator displaying their bottled water, and they had cotton candy hanging down from the ceiling-both very powerful selling points. Theatre B: was selling the same items, but had bottled water and cotton candy only on their non lighted menu boards.If I hadn't looked at the menu for theatre b I wouldn't even have known they had these items, theatre A shoved them right in my face... Which theatre do you think sells more items...and thats our goal.

Re: Anyone selling Dippin Dots? 02 Jun 2002 21:48 #25851

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
Well, we got the Dippin Dots machine on Friday. Its a vending machine, they cost $3.50 for a "pouch" of those things. Pre-packed, we just fill the freezer and empty the money. There was $200.00 in there from just two days, we weren't even busy. So, the customers seem to like em...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction