Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters Concession Stand Cafeteria-style vs. station system for an indoor theater?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cafeteria-style vs. station system for an indoor theater?

Cafeteria-style vs. station system for an indoor theater? 20 May 2002 10:02 #25833

• Seeker
  • Senior Boarder
Where do folks stand on using a cafeteria approach for an indoor theater?

There's an extremely popular restuarant in my town which features a long, two-laned salad bar virtually as soon as the custormer walks in the door. There's ample space down the middle (between the two lines} for employees to replenish the bar without interrupting customer flow. Items (perhaps) are better displayed and patrons feel like they're progressing and not "waiting". A cashier at the end of each line.

I've historically seen cafeteria-style used at drive-ins, but not indoor theaters. Is there a reason for this? One thing which occurs to me is that patrons might not appreciate being "herded" like cattle.

Does anyone have horror/success stories on this subject or another viewpoint?

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Cafeteria-style vs. station system for an indoor theater? 20 May 2002 11:36 #25834

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Drive In's have generally sold more restaurant style food: fries, pizza, burgers, dogs, etc. so...... cafeteria makes sense: plus they can really be big in terms of patronage and when the people come they all come at once. In a lobby it would depend on population and screens. I was just in a little one screen in Arizona and they fed you in at one end and, past the con stand stations, out the other. Same at the biggie plex at Show East!

Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Cafeteria-style vs. station system for an indoor theater? 20 May 2002 13:06 #25835

• Seeker
  • Senior Boarder
Is patron waiting time a major pet peeve about movie concessions? If so, then I think a cafeteria-style approach would be appreciated. Still, I'm concerned about the "factory assembly line" feel ot it. Am I over-analyzing?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction