Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Coffee Sales

Coffee Sales 18 Apr 2002 00:38 #25800

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
We just got in a BUNN coffee machine and plan on selling java. Anyone else out there sell coffee or tea? And if so, what size cup and retail price are you charging? Free refills?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Coffee Sales 18 Apr 2002 13:58 #25801

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
We sell coffee, tea, cappaccino, mocha, latte and the like.

$1.50 Coffee, Tea, hot chocolate.

$3.00 Cappoccino, mocha, latte.

$1.00 Extra shot of espresso.

We don't like our machines as they have been unreliable and the people don't like the Lattes. I would go with a Bunn unit, Air-Pots and Free Refills. But I would still charge $1.50

Re: Coffee Sales 19 Apr 2002 12:42 #25802

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
Large.

I was wondering if giving free refills creates a steady stream of people walking in and out of the auditorium? Some people get very upset with people wandering up and down the isles.

Re: Coffee Sales 19 Apr 2002 16:27 #25803

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
We have a Bunn coffee machine - 2 pots. We keep a pot of hot water at all times. The other pot is set up to run at a moments notice. The hot water is used for tea - (many kinds), hot chocolate and hot cider which we have in packages. Price for these - $1.00. We offer free refills on the tea only (water
).
When we started out we did free refills on the coffee since we had the pot made and it would go to waste. But after a while we added an extra large cup (16 oz - $1.50)and did away with the free refill. (No complaints - I am not sure anyone noticed). You will never make a significant profit with the coffee but you try to make people happy and cover your costs.

Demand for coffee is not significant and you don't want to make a pot ahead or you will end up pouring out a lot of coffee. We spend the extra money for coffee in the filter packs so we don't have to worry about grounds in the cup. We practice the art of filing the cup directly from the spout rather than waiting for the entire pot to fill so it doesn't take too long.

Now I don't particularly want to make coffee because I have a cappuccino machine and I prefer to sell cappuccino (and pay for the machine).

Re: Coffee Sales 23 Apr 2002 18:30 #25804

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
And Large probably sells 5 million cups a day! We, on the other hand, sell some coffee, or maybe don't. We have a single burner Bunn and keep it ready but you never know. 1.25 per cup. We bought 5000 of the famous New York City Blue Greek We are Happy to Serve You cups and believe it or not they're almost gone after 6 years! There should be a better way but for a small outfit like ours probably not! http://www.caffmag.com/caffmag/features/grk_cup.html

Mike Hurley www.bigscreenbiz.com

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited April 23, 2002).]
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction