Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Concession Program

Concession Program 01 Apr 2002 23:28 #25773

• MrManager
  • Fresh Boarder
We are looking for a concession only program. That would act as a POS and also keep track of inventory, ect.

I have found many that are combined box office/concession, but as the theater I work for already purchased a Box Office System they are quite happy with, we were wondering if there were any that only handle the concession stand.

Thanks,

MrManager
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Concession Program 02 Apr 2002 18:40 #25774

• LanceC
  • Expert Boarder
Check out Greg Borr and the Ready theater systems at http://rts-solutions.com/ they have a reasonably priced outfit and it works. Feel free to ask questions and I am sure Greg will appear. hey greg...ice leave the lake yet?

Re: Concession Program 04 Apr 2002 17:09 #25775

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
Aside from RTS being an advertiser here at bigscreen it is absolutely amazing how often people say good things about RTS. I was looking at some hardware choices and asked them "Who do you reccomend?" and they said..... the best? RTS.

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Concession Program 04 Apr 2002 19:13 #25776

• MrManager
  • Fresh Boarder
I checked their site out, but unless I am missing something it is, once again, an all-inclusive program.

We are looking for something to handle concession only.

MrManager

Re: Concession Program 04 Apr 2002 19:52 #25777

I use to be a sucker for everything FAMOUS PLAYERS...

but I enjoy Cineplex Odeon a little more now! They use OmniTerm Data Systems!

Check out http://www.omniterm.com and call them about product literature.

Hope this helps!

"I don't want you playing with something that has such bizarre hair. Such awful, awful hair!"
-Marge Simpson, on Bart's toy trolls
Since 1987

Re: Concession Program 05 Apr 2002 14:34 #25778

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
We have a box office computer system already and we don't have a concession program. But we are looking very hard at RTS for both programs. The added features of the box program that RTS sells is almost enough for us to switch alone. But the fact that the Box and Concessions are tied together in one program is the clincher for us. Why manage two divergent systems when one will do it all?

Unless you are contractually tied to your current box program, I don't see the harm in switching that as well. RTS can use existing computers and existing printers.

We're just bullish enough to look in to buying the whole new system with new computer termianals and everyting. We are also looking in to leasing the epuipment.

Re: Concession Program 05 Apr 2002 16:19 #25779

• D. Bird
  • Expert Boarder
I was recently responsible for purchasing a POS system for the retail environment. In this case, costs are $10,000. per lane or more. I just took the RTS "tour", it looks very good and very reasonable. The nice thing about dealing with a "little guy" is that you can often have a hand in designing custom features. We have come up with a few ideas, called support who say "Wow, we hadn't thought of that, YEP, we can do it." And within a couple days we have it.

Re: Concession Program 06 Apr 2002 05:50 #25780

• LanceC
  • Expert Boarder
I took a hard look at the 2000 showeast convention. Greg and Rob from RTS were there as were a ton of other POS dealers. What sold me was the fact that I licensed the software from them depending on the number of station. Omniterm which appears to be a great solution for the huge guys, at $20,000 plus was out of reach. I play a bit with computer hardware so by setting myself up with the networks and such, at $250.00 t0 $300.00 per selling station which includes the back office software, I feel as though I get my monies worth. The support is fantastic. I actually do not think those guys sleep.
Computers are cheap, they have this module included that allows us to sell a debit card and with a mag reader it simply debits the holders account. So it might not sound like much but right now I have 10 grand in an account waiting for them to use. Did I hear interest free loan?
You don't have to use the box office portion, just use the concession side, it all comes with the module. oh yeah, I don't
work for those guys, I don't gain a thing by singing praises, but for the price of this software, they have got it together.
Email me privately for more information. Did I mention the reports are wild...last year, my employees took 2 thousand in candy discounts for themselves, and I sold 8600 squirts of butter....never knew that before.
lance

Re: Concession Program 06 Apr 2002 08:07 #25781

The only thing that I don't like about RTS is that you have to buy a new lisence after every X ammount of years... The cost is around $250. Otherwise, it's a great system.

"I don't want you playing with something that has such bizarre hair. Such awful, awful hair!"
-Marge Simpson, on Bart's toy trolls
Since 1987

Re: Concession Program 08 Apr 2002 09:20 #25782

• GREGBORR
  • Gold Boarder
First of all THANK YOU to everyone that has praised our software. We greatly appreciate it. Okay, where do I start.

MrManager, Our software can be ran for just concessions without any problems, includes all inventory functionality, back office reporting, etc. Give me a call at (616)463-5096 and we can discuss the capabilites further. Union Theatres in New Jersey as well as a few independents use the concession portion only.

Andrew, the licensing fee of $250.00 per selling station includes 24/7 support as well as software upgrades for 1 year, To my knowledge there are no other Windows based POS companies that come close to the price of our software/support package. Omniterm, RDS, Radiant, are all great POS systems, but they are tailored to the Large Chain, Large Budget operation, we cater to smaller chains/independents. We have all of the basic functionality of our larger counterparts with a few less "bells and whistles"

Large, if you are looking into leasing, The Nickelodeon in Santa Cruz leased equipment, not sure if you know Jim Schwenterly or Chuck Volwiler, but for us the transaction went very smoothly, I have no idea of the terms and can't even remember the company name off the top of my head, but might be worth checking into. I have their #'s if you'd like them.

Lance,
No ice on the big lake this year, although I was just enjoying some April snow the other morning, it has been weird, it was warmer in January than in March... Welcome to Michigan, don't like the weather, wait a day, it will change. Once again thanks, I'm glad the system has worked out so well for you.

Greg Borr
Ready Theatre Systems
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: Concession Program 10 Apr 2002 14:24 #25783

• vencom
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello MrManager

Further to Andrew McCrea's comment concerning Famous Players, please allow me to introduce you to VcsTimeless.

We provide the concessions systems software for all Famous Players new concept (SilverCity, Colossus, Paramount & Coliseum) theatres in Canada and also all UCI (United Cinemas International) sites worldwide.

We have a fully functioned Touchscreen Point-of-Sale package that has been specifically designed for the hospitality industry that can be used upon a wide variety of PC based terminals.

The POS system is fully compatible with our Stock Control System includes the following features:
* Purchase ordering
* Invoice matching
* Recipe costing and control
* Full stock take module
* Powerful reports generator
* Deliveries
* Auto re-ordering
* Gross profit reporting

Give me a call on the number below to discuss your requirements further.

cheers

David Wiltshire
Sales Manager
Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Web: www.vcstimeless.com

[This message has been edited by vencom (edited April 10, 2002).]
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction