Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters Concession Stand Sno-Cones OR Shaved Ice -Do you sell it?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sno-Cones OR Shaved Ice -Do you sell it?

Sno-Cones OR Shaved Ice -Do you sell it? 05 Mar 2002 09:28 #25740

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Wondering if anyone sells sno-cones of the fancy name for sno-cones "Shaved Ice"?
It sure seems like a natural, we all have these ice machines sitting here. A few pours of syrup and a cup and big profit. Let me know if you've tried it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Sno-Cones OR Shaved Ice -Do you sell it? 05 Mar 2002 09:51 #25741

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
This will be our 3rd year selling sno-cones at the Skyline drive-in theater (Shelton, Wash.). One of the best purchases we ever made! I think we paid for the machine in just two weeks. We started selling sno-cones in the middle of the season when the weather was getting hot. I was sure surprised at how fast we were selling them! Cherry and strawberry flavors are the ones we sell the most.
We already have an ice machine so it seemed the natural thing to do was sell sno-cones. What ice you don't use that's still in the sno-cone machine you just let melt. You'll need a bucket to feed the drip hose from the machine to catch the water from the melting ice or you'll have a wet & slippery floor near the sno-cone machine.

Re: Sno-Cones OR Shaved Ice -Do you sell it? 11 Mar 2002 14:42 #25742

• Barry Floyd
  • Gold Boarder
If we set up an "EZ-up" free-standing tent right outside the concession stand (Drive-In Theatre) to sell sno-cones, do you think it would limit the amount of people who actually come inside to buy the bigger items?

Some of the other drive-in owners said it would hurt the inside concession sales, but I just thought it would bring in more sales.

What's your opinion??
Barry Floyd
Floyd Entertainment Group
Lebanon, Tennessee

Stardust Drive-In Theatre
Watertown, Tennessee

Re: Sno-Cones OR Shaved Ice -Do you sell it? 11 Mar 2002 22:19 #25743

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
Barry-
I don't think it would hurt your inside sales, heck it gets them closer to the building, people might even be drawn in by the big tent, people are so nosy.

Why wouldn't you want to sell them inside the concession building with everything else though?

Re: Sno-Cones OR Shaved Ice -Do you sell it? 22 Mar 2002 22:32 #25744

• ttroidl
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I'm looking into a sno Konette Deluxe for a Indoor theatre, I can get a nearly new one for under $400, But I will need a larger Ice maker I think... some days it's hard to just keep up with drinks!!!

Where to put a larger one is an issue, and to pay the big $ for one as well....

Anyone else do them indoors? can't be much messier than the Loganberry on the floors!

Tony.
tony.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction