Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters Concession Stand Slush Puppie, Frozen Coke, FCB's Do you have them?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Slush Puppie, Frozen Coke, FCB's Do you have them?

Slush Puppie, Frozen Coke, FCB's Do you have them? 05 Mar 2002 09:31 #25734

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Wondering if anyone sells Slush Puppies, Frozen Coke, or other FCB's (Frozen Carbonated Beverages)?
What do you have? How does it sell? How much do you get for it (list your soda prices for comparison)Any maintenance issues, does it take away soda sales, or are you getting a add on sale?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Slush Puppie, Frozen Coke, FCB's Do you have them? 06 Mar 2002 14:04 #25735

• wimovieman
  • Gold Boarder
I have been selling slushies in one theatre for 5 years--I love them, they sell well and if your lucky like I am and deal with a supplier who is in same city as a manufacturer of the slush base and flavors,which keeps shipping costs way down, it is as profitable as soda. I live in an area where winter seems to last 9 months, but sell as much or more as I do in summer. I get the same price for slush as soda--selling 12 and 20 oz, $1.00 & $1.50, but realistically could charge more. I use sweatheart trophy styrophoam cups for slush, keeps down on sweating on humid days, don't freeze patrons hands on cold days. It is a bit harder mopping spills than soda, but that is the only disadvantage I see. It has increased drink sales, not hurt soda sales.

Equipment new can be cosly, but I just purchased a used unit for $450 for another theatre we just started selling slush in. I see the is a company selling them new on Ebay, prices there seem fair for new.

Re: Slush Puppie, Frozen Coke, FCB's Do you have them? 08 Mar 2002 14:20 #25736

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
We sell the Slush Puppies in the summer and they go very well. I don't find that it takes away from the regular soda sales because the adults usually compensate for the sales. Seems that mostly kids purchase the Slush Puppies. I haven't had any maintenance issues so far. Being on the East Coast they don't sell as well in the winter, that's why I stick to only summer sales. Some of the patrons actually ask when we will be selling them again.

Re: Slush Puppie, Frozen Coke, FCB's Do you have them? 09 Mar 2002 23:28 #25737

• ttroidl
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I just got a SoftServe machine cheap, looking into adding that to the pot!

I am also considering Cotton Candy, Anyone know of a CHEAp used machine around????

How about Hot Dogs?

Fropm what I see the Equipment costs are the problem, not the supplies to sell... so people like me have to look for used or not at all....

Also looking for used Nacho case and Cheese disp.

AND used Butter Disp. Mine bit the big one and am down to a crockpot!
tony.

Re: Slush Puppie, Frozen Coke, FCB's Do you have them? 11 Mar 2002 20:40 #25738

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
I'm in Wisconsin, and I was just at a local concession supplier the other week, they have some used Cretors Ringmasters cotton candy machines for I think only $500 Thats about as cheap as you'll find anything decent. Check your local used restaurant supply stpre for the nacho stuff,thats always available fairly cheap, or watch ebay. Butter machine might be a little different item for the restaurant supply place, check local concession stores,sometimes the restaurant supply places even get them in and sell them cheap because not too many people really use them.

Re: Slush Puppie, Frozen Coke, FCB's Do you have them? 11 Mar 2002 22:17 #25739

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
I was just at a local concession supply house, and they have some used Cretors Ringmaster cotton candy machines for only $500 thats about as cheap as you can get them. Check your local restaurant supply used equipment dealers for the nacho stuff, and you could also check out ebay, sometimes there are good deals.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction