Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Soundtracks For Sale

Soundtracks For Sale 07 Dec 2001 10:36 #25710

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
Actually, after reading the vending machine posts the thought came to me about selling Soundtrack CD's at my concession stand. Do any of you do this and how do they sell?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Soundtracks For Sale 07 Dec 2001 15:04 #25711

My guess would to be to find out who the vendor is for one of the local record shops and see if you can get a deal on Soundtracks from them. When I wourked retail long ago there was a company that bought from the record and software companies and then sold them to the store. Instead of the store trying to work with the record labels direct(Pain in the rear) <---- that is kind of like booking a print from what I have heard.
As far as sales goes I guess it depends on how they were marketed. If one were to offer a $$ off with combo purchase (and you still make money) It might work. as far as just having them there for sale I imagine they would prob just set there and take up space and money. The Vending machine I saw when I asked about it they said they might sell one every two weeks.

An idea a business partner and I kicked around when we were looking at a single screen was to force every one to exit thru a gift shop (a la Disney) this wuld have sound tracks and movie meorabilia and the like. just a thought

pardon my terrible grammar

[This message has been edited by GTEntertainment (edited December 07, 2001).]

Re: Soundtracks For Sale 07 Dec 2001 20:34 #25712

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
My theatre had one of those cd vending machines in it. It was a big waste of space. We hardly sold any, partly because most of the titles were more expensive than every one of the nearby music stores. The thing even needed a phone line because you could use a visa/mastercard with it. I wouldn't waste my time there. I don't think there is much of a market for these things in a theatre. An idea may be to have the soundtrack playing somewhere, and have the cd sitting open right there for people to hear and see with a "Now Playing" sign right there.

Re: Soundtracks For Sale 08 Dec 2001 14:37 #25713

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder

[This message has been edited by Large (edited December 08, 2001).]

Re: Soundtracks For Sale 08 Dec 2001 14:38 #25714

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
I have got to admit, I don't understand "merchandising". We tried, unsuccessfully, to sell our t-shirts in the lobby. We sold one in six month. I think Mike does better than that. When I worked for Landmark we tried selling Soundtracks in our lobby and that didn't work. I think that when people come to the movie, they just want to see the movie. As one of my managers pointed out, 'Why would I want something in the lobby to take our concession money from the patrons before they buy concessions?' But then you see the restaurants and the other attractions that have a gift shop and seem to profit from it, even though most of us think is a joke and pass right through. But from the shear volume of Planet Hollywood, and Hard Rock Cafe t-shirts one sees about, I guess it works for some.

I have always been of the opinion that if somebody has their logo on the front of my t-shirt then they should be paying me to wear it; or at least have given it to me for free.
But perhaps I am odd that way?

I am never going to get rich in this world, am I?

Re: Soundtracks For Sale 12 Dec 2001 14:12 #25715

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for all the input. I guess its back to the ol' think tank.Your comments were interesting and I will closely consider them.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.378 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction