Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bags or tubs?

Bags or tubs? 20 Nov 2001 09:59 #25677

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
We were using tubs when we started: they are easy to fill and hold. But the pickup made us nuts as they do not crush or compact well and now we are all bags all the time. And tubs cost more. Is there something in defense of tubs I missed? What do you use?

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Bags or tubs? 20 Nov 2001 13:51 #25678

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Our chain is one of the few that uses tubs. I think most of the exhibitors use bags. There are many good reasons to use bags, they are easier to store,they are easier to dispose of, they are cheaper. There are also good reasons to use tubs, they appear larger and appear a better value, they are quicker to fill, easier for customers to hang onto,customers seem to like to get that big ol' bucket. If I were an independant (which I hope to some day be) I would probably go with the cheaper.

Re: Bags or tubs? 21 Nov 2001 09:03 #25679

• Linda
  • Gold Boarder
We have always used tubs because we thought bags would slow us down too much.
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: Bags or tubs? 21 Nov 2001 14:27 #25680

Bags do slow you down but tubs create more of a trash problem.

Re: Bags or tubs? 21 Nov 2001 14:59 #25681

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
Since I don't serve butter topping, I just use Food Quality paper bags. No, not flashy, but recyclable so none of them have to contribute to my trash haul. If I understood my local recycling fanatic, the bigger tubs, the lower the ratio of sealer to paper, and they can be recycled. So, I have two bag sizes and what is labeled a "Damn Huge" popcorn (170 oz) which goes into the recycling bins. Note: if you recycle tubs, when you collect them from people, punch the bottoms out so they don't think you're just going to clean them up and resell them. The public is funny . . .
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema

Re: Bags or tubs? 26 Nov 2001 11:06 #25682

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
The only defense I can see in using tubs is that they hold the butter flavor better. As to say they don't leak as easy as bags and they don't get the greasy feel to the outside like bags do. Someone mentioned the fact that they look bigger and I think that to be a good selling point also.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction