Home Forums Movie Theaters Concession Stand The Great Popcorn Experiment
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Great Popcorn Experiment

The Great Popcorn Experiment 31 Aug 2001 09:55 #25614

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
I am aware of the different known flavors of plain popcorn,buttered,and coconut oil. But I was wondering if any of you have tried adding anything else to your popcorn to give it an all new flavor. My wife sprinkles cheese on her popcorn. I tried it,okay, but nowhere as good as buttered. I'm looking for a new flavor so what have you got?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: The Great Popcorn Experiment 31 Aug 2001 16:34 #25615

This may sound gross... I sure as hell didn't like it... but my aunt *did* put peanut butter on her popcorn.

Andy
Since 1987

Re: The Great Popcorn Experiment 01 Sep 2001 19:25 #25616

Amazingly enough a little chiili powder sprinkled on popcorn is not bad.

Re: The Great Popcorn Experiment 05 Sep 2001 17:48 #25617

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 41
We offer free cheddar cheese, brewers yeast, and salt n' vinegar powders that people dump by the ton. They like it and it does not cost too much as a freebie.

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: The Great Popcorn Experiment 08 Sep 2001 03:20 #25618

• Rialto
  • Gold Boarder
Our motto is "when snacking its all about the condiments." So we offer the following for your popcorn:

real butter, salt, garlic salt, parmesan cheese, brewers yeast, soy sauce, Chulua hot sauce, tobasco sauce, basil, italian seasoning, spike - a blend of some 38 herbs and what not, lemon pepper, and I'm sure I've forgotten one or two

And we layer in the butter and will let customers salt or seaon mid-bag to their hearts desire.

Re: The Great Popcorn Experiment 08 Sep 2001 13:01 #25619

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
Where do you obtain all these condiments? Are we talking grocery stores shelves or suppliers with bulk sizes?
We once tried the putting the cheddar cheese flavoring that we bought in the large size from our popcorn supplier in small shakers on the counter, but found that 1 person would put the entire shaker amount in their popcorn. We paid $25 for the gallon container, but I couldn't afford to subsidize the greedy shakers.

Re: The Great Popcorn Experiment 08 Sep 2001 17:22 #25620

• Rialto
  • Gold Boarder
Good question. Butter comes from our food service supplier. Brewers yeast from the health food store (by the way there are at least two kinds and several names for it. One patron was on a campaign that we call it nutritional yeast which is more technically accurate but not how its commonly known.) Most of the rest of it comes from the cash and carry food service grocery outlet except for the parmesan where Safeway club card pricing is the best deal going - buy frequently buy often. We tried buying really good parm from our food service supplier but we ahd to buy it in too large a quantity so we lost some to spoilage. The big safeway cylinders are perfect. Oh and the hot sauce comes from the food service supplier by the case - we buy it about twice a year.

Re: The Great Popcorn Experiment 10 Sep 2001 12:37 #25621

How about what you do with the popcorn. During the running of the "Grinch" we got corn kernels that were red and green. We first tried to dye the popcorn but that didn't work out to well. It was fun and surprisingly enough there were a lot of people who actually noticed the colors.

Re: The Great Popcorn Experiment 10 Sep 2001 18:33 #25622

• Rialto
  • Gold Boarder
My dad used to run a bar. Popcorn is a bar food staple. One year for St. Patrick's day he got a little carried away and decided that they should have green popcorn. It didn't work out too well. It was a blueish green and looked like mold. Nobody ate the popcorn.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction