Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Theme Foods

Theme Foods 13 Jun 2001 11:11 #25587

• dr
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
Has anyone ever thought of theme foods. Snacks and food that tie in with the new release. Say you played "Crouching Tiger" and you sold Fortune Cookies. Or you ran "Hannibal" and sold Sreaming Yellow Zonkers. Just a thought. Any ideas on this?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Theme Foods 13 Jun 2001 21:42 #25588

Interesting idea however is it worth having the extras, say you have 6 cases of fortune cookies left. What are you going to do with them. Is it worth having a special themed food just for the time of a release?
My suggestion is making combos and naming them after something in the release. "Underwater Combo" " Deep Sea Duet" for Atlantis. ETc.
For Mulan I was going to give away a free fortune cookie with a combo purhcase but did not get any cookies in time.

Re: Theme Foods 13 Jun 2001 22:58 #25589

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I agree with GTE. Don't go overboard with any particular item,you don't want to be sitting on it when the run is over. Just be cautious,use moderation-ues the words "limited time only" or "while supplies last"-customers fall all over those words. Naming combos is a great idea,many theatres do that for their promotions. OR you can use your existing supplies to do a promotion. Example: I have mixed different juices and sodas together to create different "concoctions" for certain movies. Or most recently I turned some of the popcorn green for the opening weekend of Shrek,Kids loved it..(Gold Medal sells it) I also sell red cotton candy normally, but for Shrek I ordered green sugar and we had green lemon-lime cotton candy. I made signs "Shrek Cotton Candy-limited time only" sells quite well.Just be cautious in whatever you do.

Re: Theme Foods 14 Jun 2001 11:07 #25590

• dr
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
Thanks for the suggestions. I really like the "combo" idea. Sounds good because you can use what you already have in stock. The idea of using the "Limited Time Only" and "While Supplies Last" is also woth noting. Thank again!

Re: Theme Foods 14 Jun 2001 11:45 #25591

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
WE do it .......cautiously. "Chocalat" got guess what food?
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Theme Foods 19 Jun 2001 21:01 #25592

Track ,
How well does your cotton candy sell?

Re: Theme Foods 19 Jun 2001 23:09 #25593

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
The cotton candy sells quite well. I didn't think it would sell as well as it has. An independant theatre that one of my employees worked at when she went to college said it sold really well there. Then my company decided to try a few machines at some locations and I got one.Sour Patch kids are our #1 candy seller, and the cotton candy routinely is right up there with them. We make it a couple times a week, and hang the bags in the vending stand-so its quite visible. The machines are pretty cheap. $500-$1000 depending if you go new or used top of the line or el cheapo. Both me personally(I operate a side business concession stand) and my circuit have Cretors cotton candy machines. Much better design than gold medal.We sell it for $2.50 a bag. Most grocery stores in my area sell the same thing for $1.99 a bag, so its not a complete rip-off like most theatre candy. ...and its kind of a novelty-you can't just get cotton candy ANYWHERE.But its nice,as you can make what you need,verses having 10 cases of M&M's sitting on the shelf hoping to be sold. More information about cotton candy than you ever wanted to know...

Re: Theme Foods 23 Jun 2001 01:13 #25594

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
What about the mess associated with cotton candy? I helped sell it last year at the 4th of July celebration and there was cotton candy "spiderwebs" everywhere. Also, don't the patrons get the sticky stuff all over the seats?

Re: Theme Foods 25 Jun 2001 08:20 #25595

Thanks Track
Sour Patch was our #1 seller as well. I was considering cotton candy and have been procing machines and such. As far as the mess people spill just as much coke suryp and wipe mustard and ketchup on the seats. That to me is more mess than cotton candy.

Re: Theme Foods 25 Jun 2001 11:55 #25596

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
Yes-Cotton Candy is a little messy to make.(Although the more you do it, the better you get at it, and less messy.) It isn't messy in the theatres, the kids eat it all,(haven't picked anything but empty bags up so far!!) Nacho Cheese,Popcorn,Butter,Soda are all messier than cotton candy,as GTE said.Besides, once the cotton candy sits out for a while, it just hardens and turns into crystals,if it would end up on seats or something. If you're worried about patrons sticky hands, you can always give out one of those "moist towellettes" like the gas stations have.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction