Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Kettle disaster

Kettle disaster 18 Jan 2001 06:55 #25566

  • 's Avatar
WEll,
the new concession girls have done it again. It seems that when the manager wasn't looking, one of them completely submersed the kettle in a sink full of water. The second shift comes in, turns the kettle on and one of the legs of the 220 decides to short out in the flex and blows a hole in the flex cable. It is a wonder no one got hurt. Thing is, they all had extensive training on the proper proceedures. This is the kind of thing I just can't believe they would do.....and yes, I am venting. Any other horror stories out there?
lance
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Kettle disaster 18 Jan 2001 09:56 #25567

  • Ken Layton
  • Ken Layton's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 859
  • Thank you received: 4
  • Karma: 0
I am assuming your popper is a Gold Medal. Wait till you get the bill for the parts! That's a real horror story in itself.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Kettle disaster 18 Jan 2001 12:21 #25568

  • GREGBORR
  • GREGBORR's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 238
  • Karma: 0
Lance,
Please train them on the proper cleaning methods for the LCD touch screens, we will be forced to void the warranty if they are submersed....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Kettle disaster 18 Jan 2001 16:30 #25569

  • 's Avatar
Greg,
I should probably lock up the SOS pads just in case they want to really scrub the displays.
I actually was able to repair the kettle after searching for high temp stranded 12ga wire. Like looking for teeth in a chicken head. No one stocks it here. All back together and working just fine. But I bet they got the message about washing the kettle.
lance
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Kettle disaster 19 Jan 2001 10:35 #25570

  • GREGBORR
  • GREGBORR's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Gold Boarder
  • Posts: 238
  • Karma: 0
At our local theatres we had to remove the SOS pads because they were scratching the popper with them....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Kettle disaster 19 Jan 2001 18:24 #25571

  • Avalon
  • Avalon's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 405
  • Karma: 0
. . . .but, man, does SOS pads get that plexiglass clean . . . .
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Kettle disaster 20 Jan 2001 13:57 #25572

  • Mike
  • Mike's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 4961
  • Thank you received: 37
  • Karma: 15
At a restaurant/hotel I worked at a few years ago we had a big fire drill meeting. There we discovered that all the housekeeping girls had shared the communal logic that in the event of a fire anywhere in the place you were to run to the kitchen and pull the CO2 Ansel system pin (which is used to put a large amount of fire retard powder onto the fry and grill and stove equip). I'm glad we never had a fire because it would have been straight out of 3 stooges! Regular meetings and YES manuals help avoid the misconceptions and lost rules. We always find people doing something stupid because they were told do do something wrong by someone who "told them" by someone who had told that person by someone who had their head up their butt and made it all up!!!!!!!!! It reminds me that we have not done one in a while and I'm wondering what people are harboring as "SOP"!

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction