Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Moxie

Moxie 08 Aug 2000 21:34 #25542

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
I just sent an e-mail to Mike as his Colonial Theatre weekly e-mail mentioned him drinking Moxie at his theatre.

My question to him and to all of you as well is: Do any of you theatre operators sell Moxie at your refreshment stands? If so, in what form? From a can, a bottle or is it available on tap from bag in the box or canister?

I love the stuff, but find that most people have never had it, and it's not easy to find in this area (Pennsylvania). It's only available in cans around here as far as I know.

I've always thought that it would be a great advertising gimmick as we could advertise: "Get your Moxie at the Roxy" or "The Roxy has Moxie, do you?"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Moxie 09 Aug 2000 11:38 #25543

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
FY! They just featured Moxie Days on Sunday Morning. Big parade and everything else Moxie in Livermore Falls. Moxie was invented in Maine and once outsold COKE. We sell it...it does sell.. but it's an odd sort of customer since the taste is bitter and odd as well. The flavor is Gentian root which the Indians used to induce abortion. We sell it in cans.

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Moxie 09 Aug 2000 12:16 #25544

MOXIE! It has sort of a cult following up in the Maine woods I hear. Just a certain type of person longs for its distnict flavor. They even have a song up there called, "Girls Will Think Your Foxie if You Chug-Lung Your Moxie." Hay, its just what I've been told.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction