Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Perils of Popcorn

The Perils of Popcorn 14 Apr 2000 17:10 #25533

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
The plumber is downstairs snaking out the kitchen drain. 60 feet of snake didn't clear the drain of its grease clog. Every time he pulled his snake out, the drain clogged again. He was going to have to call in the High pressure water jet guys. Finaly he got the drain clear. We are going to purchase his $80 enzime cleaner if we can't find a cheaper alternative at Home Depot.

If it does that to a drain line, imagine what it is doing to our arteries.

[This message has been edited by Large (edited April 14, 2000).]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: The Perils of Popcorn 14 Apr 2000 19:11 #25534

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 41
What's the popcorn grease doing in your sewer? How about a grease trap? And in your arteries? You bet it's bad. Put grease on your hands and then try to wash it off without soap. There's no soap inside your system!
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: The Perils of Popcorn 14 Apr 2000 21:31 #25535

How often do you guys actually sit down and eat a tub of popcorn? I usually just nibble on it to test each batch as it comes out. This past weekend I ate a small tub while watching Magnolia. It was probably the first time in 3 years that I had a concentrated amount.

Colin Wiseley
Lyric Theatre
Blacksburg VA
www.thelyric.com

Re: The Perils of Popcorn 15 Apr 2000 12:55 #25536

• Mike
  • Administrator
We have small plastic bowls... ceral size.. back of the stand for the help.. and I'll have one of those pretty regularly. But a full bag or a tub? Only if I'm really hungry. Owning a theatre really changed my normal movie habits. I used to get a small popcorn with no butter , small 1/2 coke & 1/2 root beer and a pack of M&M's peanuts. Those were the good old days. Last night I had a small box of black licorice nibs which my concession guy promptly informed is one of the two scents that turns women on. He didn't know the other. I was thinking the smell of money or power? But it didn't work: I went back in and saw the second bogus half of Engagement. Do you eat the popcorn?
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: The Perils of Popcorn 15 Apr 2000 12:57 #25537

• Mike
  • Administrator
Speaking of popcorn: our brand new Cretors Diplomat was burning kernels and I was getting all set to ream out the creators when it was finally discovered that we were out of oil. THat little fact got by the five people who should have checked.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction