Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Best popcorn poppers

Best popcorn poppers 04 Mar 2000 01:05 #25526

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
What's everyone like for poppers?
I like Cretors because they are built like tanks and last for many years with minimal maintenance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Best popcorn poppers 05 Mar 2000 14:59 #25527

• HDyer
  • Fresh Boarder
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ken Layton:
<B>What's everyone like for poppers?
I like Cretors because they are built like tanks and last for many years with minimal maintenance.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like the Cretors also

Re: Best popcorn poppers 05 Mar 2000 20:08 #25528

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 41
Poppers was one of the inspirations behind bigscreenbiz.com. When it came time to drop 6-7,000.00 for a popcorn machine where was a guy to turn? Consumers Reports? I started calling theatres out of the NATO book and asking them which machine they liked. I called concession suppliers and they went both ways. Both Cretors and Gold Medal machines had their advocates. In the end I decided on the Cretors Diplomat and put it out to bid. With bids covering a spread of 1800.00!! It showed up and runs beautifully. Attention to detail on the finish was not great. Jagged edges, bad cleanability, and a general "we're building these as fast as we can" came through. I received a very straight forward and honest letter from the President of Cret. making no excuses and felt his explain was adequate. It has continued to operate like a tank. Where before we could just keep up with our 3 screens demands we have never gotten behind. More on this rig later.
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Best popcorn poppers 05 Mar 2000 23:01 #25529

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
What not to buy: MANLEY---pure crap---just throw it away.
Stay away from Star, too. No product support after a couple of years. Poorly built.

The Gold Medal Coronado is ok.

Re: Best popcorn poppers 08 Mar 2000 10:04 #25530

• Linda
  • Gold Boarder
I like Cretor's also. We have had a 32 oz & 48 oz kettle in heavy use for several years with no break downs at all. Have had some problems with 7700 pump. We also have 2 20 year old Gold Medal Citations, that have been pretty good.
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction