Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Film transportation

Re: Film transportation 29 Jan 2005 21:14 #25451

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I sent Finding Neverland in a FoxBox via USPS today parcel post which was cheaper than the book rate and paid 70 cents extra for delivery confirmation and it cost me $12.70 total! Compare that to $30 via the courier and I may now have a profitable weekend. Glad it was in a FoxBox. Otherwise I hate those boxes.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Film transportation 25 Feb 2005 02:14 #25452

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
It has been a trying time this past month with ETS prints. I have returned all prints via USPS and the cost has ranged from $12.70 to $32 something for the Aviator.

Shipments to me have all been via DHL, except the circuit that was a day late and made me several dollars short. (I digress.)

I got one bill for $209 for a one-way shipment of Aviator. DHL sent it Express instead of ground. I am protesting that one because I told them ground several times when I requested the pick-up.

But today I got the bill for this week's pickup. I called Tuesday for Hide and Seek to be picked up and shipped via ground. The movie was here Wednesday. This morning I got a $5.60 bill via email for this shipment. Halleluiah. If that isn't an error, this is definitely my new permanent shipping method--both ways.

Re: Film transportation 25 Feb 2005 11:13 #25453

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Sounds like you've found a needle in the haystack.

I pay more than that in gas when I drive my own film!

Re: Film transportation 27 Sep 2007 12:10 #25454

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I am still using DHL ground for DFS (formerly ETS) prints coming to my theatre. The price varies considerably from around $15 for a short film in a box to $30 for a longer film in two cans. Nine times out of ten, the prints arrive the next day.

It is not without hassle, though. First I have to call DFS to verify they have the booking and the print ready. Then I have to call DHL to schedule the pickup. Often I will have to call DFS back later in the day to verify the print was picked up. I have had a couple bad experiences with their drivers saying the prints weren't ready and DFS saying the print was ready, but DHL never showed up.

I still ship all my prints back via USPS. With the newest rate increase, it is now cheaper to ship via media mail. Cost is about the same as DHL incoming. I only use USPS to save on the pick up fee for my remote area, which would add another $3 or $5 for each can.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction