Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: showtime recordings & email

Re: showtime recordings & email 10 Sep 2007 08:39 #25424

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Mannooss we do all you want with our system but we use two answering machines. Both digital and two phone lines. The primary lines machine is set to answer after 4 rings. This is because we answer this line when the boxoffice is open. It then has call forwarding set to busy no answer so when that line is busy it forwards the call to the other line. Than answering machine is set to answer immediately. The machines sit next to each other so we just push record and make both messages at the same time. This does not let me do it from home though.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: showtime recordings & email 10 Sep 2007 11:38 #25425

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Good point.

Most inexpensive answering machines will pick up line one or line two, but not both at the same time. That requires additional circuitry, which increases the cost. You'd probably find lower prices by buying two single line machines.

Not knowing your personal situation, I'd also note that most people don't want to listen through a lengthy diatribe, if all they want is what you're playing and when it starts. This is obviously my own opinion, but I tend to keep my phone messages rediculously short. There's not much more in there than what, when, how much and where we are. I do tag my message with a note that people can go to our web site for just about anything else they'd want to know, and that seems to work extremely well.

Sure, not everyone has internet... but those numbers are probably not worth debating anymore.

Re: showtime recordings & email 10 Sep 2007 13:57 #25426

• Cinemateer
  • Gold Boarder
One word... FreedomVOICE. I've used them for two years and they are great. It's a toll-free automated voicemail system with more bells and whistles than I would ever use and their customer service is top notch.

- Free 1-800 number (yours to keep even if you switch companies). For $30 extra, you can create a "vanity" number, like 1-800-THEATER.
- UNLIMITED outgoing message length.
- UNLIMITED message capacity.
- Automatic call forwarding to home or cell.
- Record outgoing message from any phone.
- Up to 5 different mail boxes.
- Hold music.
- Tickets can even be ordered over the phone.

It's only $9.95/month, but you also pay a per minute charge for incoming calls ($13.75/month for 250 minutes). They have a ton of additional features you can add for $5-10/month each, like having messages forwarded to your e-mail address as .wav files. Pretty cool!
www.xtreme800.com
"In a place like this, the magic is all around you. The trick is to see it." -Martin Landau

Re: showtime recordings & email 12 Feb 2009 03:00 #30871

• Dynamic PBX Corp
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
"Made For Cinema" Call Processing Solution!

Say goodbye to answering machines, inflexible telephone company voice mail and expensive specialized equipment!

With Call My Cinema you have prompt professional call handling available to every customer! A flat rate of $12.00 per month for 20 simultaneous calls is available in over 2500 rate centers across the U.S.A. Options available for menus, call transferring and more for less than the cost of a single traditional phone line!

www.callmycinema.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction