Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: box office systems

Re: box office systems 17 Jul 2007 08:28 #25364

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
RTS ONLY USES MERCURY ..........
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: box office systems 17 Jul 2007 09:16 #25365

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Yes we use RTS & Mercurypay.

Yes the no signature required below a certian limit has always worked for me since day 1. This may have to be set on the credit card server machine and not just the backoffice. Some setting are machine dependant.

Yes I got offers from other credit card processors. I had hard copy quotes from them took them to my mercury pay sales person and cut a deal I could live with. It is up to you to get the deal on CC fees not RTS. I wish RTS would do it for me but that is not how it works.

After looking at the price of other systems RTS normally wins. Since you do not have to buy hardware from them it is really a plus.

You might also check on the forms with other users. this is a great tool for solving some of those issues that bug you but you just can't fix. www.boards.rts-solutions.com/eve/forums

[This message has been edited by dsschoenborn (edited July 17, 2007).]

Re: box office systems 17 Jul 2007 15:19 #25366

• Mike Spaeth
  • Platinum Boarder
We use all combo machines. We don't build box offices any longer, just concession stands. Drive every customer in your building to your concession stand. Per caps jumped about 50 cents when we did this. No more traditional box office for us.

Re: box office systems 17 Jul 2007 15:53 #25367

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
Do you then have ticket collectors after your concession stand? Do you have any pictures or plans you could share. This is very interesting but I am not sure how the people flow works.

Re: box office systems 17 Jul 2007 22:25 #25368

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The RTS ticket/concession receipt does not look any different whether below $35 or not. You just don't have to hand the receipt over for a signature. That's an arrangement you make with Mercurypay when you sign up.

I don't know what kind of deal RTS may have with Mercury, but I think we were something like their 7th customer. I'm extremely happy with the service. A few months ago, we changed banks. In the process of them trying to provide every service they could, credit card processing came up. They couldn't beat Mercury's deal.

In recent years, the processing function has been just about bulletproof. I think we're at least equal to cash in transaction speed.

RTS used to charge for credit card processing. As I recall, it was something like $250-$300 or so per year... another one of those "modules" you pay for, like internet ticketing. A couple of years back, they stopped charging for processing if you used the Mercurypay option. They can handle some other processors now, but I understand they charge for that. I didn't know it was a kilobuck though... eek!

Re: box office systems 18 Jul 2007 00:54 #25369

• Mike Spaeth
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes, the hallway with the theatres is located behind the concession stand. Ticket-control is handled there. These are all multiplex theatres, with all the theatre entrances off the hallway behind the lobby.

Re: box office systems 18 Jul 2007 03:42 #25370

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
That's interesting.

How do you tell between a new customer and one who's going for more popcorn and may have misplaced his ticket?

Re: box office systems 18 Jul 2007 14:03 #25371

• editor
  • Junior Boarder
Rodeo, So the ticket looks the same whether you set the parameter for signatures or not? Why wouldn't they just tell me that at RTS? Why bother being able to set the signature limit. We could just tell cashiers to ignore tickets under $25 which is my current setup with the processing bank.

Re: box office systems 18 Jul 2007 15:41 #25372

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
Well, there's another way to look at it. Considering the myriad ways people print credit card rectipts... hand-written machine imprints, computer generated slips of all shapes and sizes, who really cares what yours looks like? The real point is that the communications between your card swipe and the processor results in money being transferred to your account and some form of documentation being produced for the customer and merchant.

There is an option in RTS that will prevent merchant tickets from being printed for transactions below $35. After all, a record of the transaction does exist at the processor, and (at least with Mercury) you can access that information online. In our case though, we print it all. They don't stay around long, but it's just something that makes me more comfortable, should there be any short-term questions about a transaction.

As for your question: The signature limit is something that is set by the card processor. RTS has nothing to do with it. You are correct in that this particular subject is between you and the processing institution. Yes, you can ignore getting signatures for everything below the price point set by your bank. Consider this: You can charge up to around $75 at a gas pump without a signature. And for those of you with Hummers, you can insert your card and go for another round or two after it does shut off. Nobody signs anything.

For those considering fraud issues... it seems to me we're in a low-risk catagory. The potential transactions at a theatre are much less than, say, online computer stores, where someone could get hit for a few thousand bucks.

Re: box office systems 19 Jul 2007 08:31 #25373

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
RTS does print 2 reciepts every time at our boxoffice but our copy has a signature line print only when it is over $24. So yes it prints everytime but there is a line printed only on the high $ tickets.

Re: box office systems 19 Jul 2007 12:05 #25374

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
Right. You enter that threshold in the "setup/credit cards" screen.

Re: box office systems 28 Jul 2007 18:08 #25375

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Caution before buying this system cost me $700 extra to put this system in do to sowtware problems..Hired a TECH COMPANY And it took them 14 hours to install aFTER WE TRIED FOR 6 HOURS ....It is now up and running well...Do not even think about this system is you have Vista software as we did ....

Re: box office systems 28 Jul 2007 19:55 #25376

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
Pretty much anyone who uses RTS could have told you that. RTS certainly should have. Their software regresses well back to Win 98 (my database is still on it), but I've seen no announcement from them that they were ready to go with Vista.

[This message has been edited by rodeojack (edited July 28, 2007).]

Re: box office systems 28 Jul 2007 20:57 #25377

• Mike Spaeth
  • Platinum Boarder
In order to get back in the lobby, the customer needs to pass the employee working the podium, who makes sure they have their ticket stub to guarantee re-entry.

Re: box office systems 28 Jul 2007 21:38 #25378

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
who makes sure they have their ticket stub to guarantee re-entry.

That works!
Time to create page: 0.841 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction