Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Back Office From the 'Anything For a Buck' Department
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: From the 'Anything For a Buck' Department

Re: From the 'Anything For a Buck' Department 04 Jul 2007 06:24 #25346

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I didn't mind the slides that much, other than that it gave the chains a good reason to not install curtains.

I'd thought of taking a videocam up in the plane and recording some of the more interesting scenery around here. You could still keep your normal background music (on LOW) so people could converse. Those digital rolling stock programs probably do as much to promote isolation as do large auditoriums and low turnout. Around here, those ads are running at higher volume levels than the feature.

[This message has been edited by rodeojack (edited July 04, 2007).]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: From the 'Anything For a Buck' Department 04 Jul 2007 08:29 #25347

• Cinemateer
  • Gold Boarder
Jack, check out a DVD titled "Over Washington". They took some absolutely gorgeous plane footage of exactly what you are talking about. I believe they have "Over ..." for a few other states as well. I'm not sure if you could get it on 35mm or not for a drive-in. I think that's an excellent idea.
"In a place like this, the magic is all around you. The trick is to see it." -Martin Landau

Re: From the 'Anything For a Buck' Department 04 Jul 2007 12:34 #25348

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Yeah, I think this would be limited to an indoor. By the time it gets dark enough to run a start out here (9:45PM right now), I don't think people would have much patience with a lot of "pre-show".
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction