Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Back Office Senior discounts must die!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Senior discounts must die!

Re: Senior discounts must die! 03 Jan 2005 14:17 #24770

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
There are probably rich seniors, sure. But there are many who are on a fixed and low income, who did not retire with a big pension from some Fortune 500 company and who wouldn't come to the theatre without a discount. I know, I'm one of them (although I am working again) and know many who are in that situation. I believe that's the reason the "senior discount" was started. So we just need to grit our teeth when the rich seniors take advantage of the situation so we can help those who need it.

If I had my way I'd eliminate the kid's discount and charge for any child whose little butt occupies a seat.

Bob Allen
The Old Showman
"Back In The Saddle Again"
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Senior discounts must die! 03 Jan 2005 15:46 #24771

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
We have a Super Senior Deal for seniors over 60 years of age. But, its only on the first afternoon showtime on Fridays. We do offer an evening discount as well. But, our senior attending audience is very small. Granted, the SuperDeal on Fridays will bring them in, if we have an appropiate film playing. Some buy a Jr soda or Popcorn. Some buy a box of candy, or they sneak in hard candies/chocolates from the next door candy store! The senior crowd has many plus's. They arrive early, patiently wait in line, and pick up after themselves. Friday matinees have alway been slow in our town. So, to have the extra bodies in the building during the SuperDeal is always a plus. Many are on a fixed income, that customer wouldn't normally see a film. But, yes there are those with the gold jewelry, fancy clothes, diamond rings the size of popcorn kernels. All in all, its not an abused discount program.

Re: Senior discounts must die! 04 Jan 2005 03:20 #24772

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi evereyone, I think you guys are getting to serious with this and thought this would lighten up the topic a bit.

Give a senior citizen a break!

Working people frequently ask retired
people what they do to make their days
interesting. Thought you'd might like to see what happened to me last week.

I went to the store the other day. I was only in there for about 5 minutes. When I came out there was a city cop writing out a parking ticket.

I went up to him and said, "Come on, buddy,how about giving a senior a break?" He ignored me and continued writing the ticket.

I called him a Nazi.

He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn tires so I called him a piece of Horse S***.

He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket. This went on for about 20 minutes.The more I verbally abused him, the more tickets
he wrote.

I didn't give a s***. My car was parked around the corner. I try to have a little fun each day. It's important at my age.

* That was told to me while on line discusing senior discounts for movies!

Re: Senior discounts must die! 11 Jan 2005 18:01 #24773

• Jeanine
  • Fresh Boarder
This topic is a riot. I too charge $3.00 and used to charge $2.00 for kids and seniors. I've discontinued the senior discount with few complaints. I just tell them I had to choose between the kids and them and decided to stick it to the seniors!

Re: Senior discounts must die! 11 Jan 2005 19:47 #24774

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
I somehow missed seeing JACK'S senior story involving the cop when it was first posted, but it is a real HOOT!... As to ticket prices, I still favor the one-price ticket for ALL... Everyone sees the same picture, and occupies an identical seat: IF they are too young or too old to get the full value from seeing the picture, they probably shouldn't be there... And, it eliminates the lies that many will tell regarding their age to buy the less expensive ticket... As long as your prices are fair to all, you shouldn't have to discount tickets to an any age group...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction