Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: booking strategy

Re: booking strategy 04 Apr 2004 19:42 #24355

• outaframe
  • Platinum Boarder
LEE <> Your first showing start time is whatever works best for your location, and this could be argued pro & con forever... I feel that 7:30 works best for me: it allows people who work til 5:00, time to get home, fix and eat dinner, unwind a minute, grab a shower and change into something comfy before they go out for the evening... AND some work til 5:30 or 6:00... They're NOT going to eat dinner at your theater (unless they sneak it in) because no matter what you offer at your concession counter, it'll ALL be some form of snack food: you're not running a restaurant... AND the first showtime should be the same, 7 days a week, every week... People are creatures of habit, and consistancy fits in with that... YET, they will go along with a variable start time for the second showing, as long as it's prominent in your displays and ads... I suppose IF you were running 2 showings EVERY night, you might need to reconsider the first showing start time, because of the mid-week second showing...

Yes, you need a MINIMUM of 15 minutes, or so, to do all the stuff that has to be done between showings, but the earlier you can start it, the better... EVEN if have to fudge a little on the ADVERTIZED second showing start time (no more than 5 minutes)... BTW this is another advantange of a two projector setup: you can have #1 re-threaded and ready to go BEFORE #2 plays out...

Daylight savings time is another fly in the ointment... It'll soon still be light out til after 9:00 for a few weeks, and that DOES have an effect on business...

I vote for a fixed first showtime, 7 days-a-week, year 'round (whatever you decide is best) and a variable showtime for the second showing, based on the length of the first showing, and some get-ready time between showings...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction