Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Back Office DVD's on the Big Screen
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: DVD's on the Big Screen

Re: DVD's on the Big Screen 15 Jan 2004 12:24 #24277

In checking those sites that lisc for individual showings, the term "non-theatrical" appears which suggests to me that a theatre could not allow a dvd movie to be shown no matter what. Any thoughts?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: DVD's on the Big Screen 15 Jan 2004 12:41 #24278

• tratcliff
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
rialtoiniowa,
You're theatre sounds almost identical to mine. I have 302 seats, 92ft from screen to booth.
What equipment are you using? How much did it cost?

Thanks,
Tony

Re: DVD's on the Big Screen 15 Jan 2004 12:43 #24279

• Dundee Ed
  • Fresh Boarder
Question is " What projectors are you using?" We had a rental recently at our art theatre for local film festival. They brought in a DLP projector (brand unkown) and it did well enough. A small national chain here uses a small Toshiba to do preshow sales on very large screens. I understand they had to get special lenses. I read an earlier post and someone said that they were using a Benq projector. I see Benq has a DLP projector with all the computer/VCR/TV hookups and 2200 lumens. Advertised price is $2300. I am looking to find one that will allow me to rent auditorium for business use. Need visibility in semi-lit auditorium.

Has anyone checked out the "The Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas" in Austin, TX.
http://www.drafthouse.com/index.html

First saw it on cable Food Channel.

Re: DVD's on the Big Screen 15 Jan 2004 17:25 #24280

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
I have seen the Regal Twenty(sp) which uses an expensive DVD projector. Had the opportunity to move around the auditorium while it was showing as we were the only ones there. The poor people consigned to the front 3-4 rows of the stadium auditorium had the most awful presentation. I can't specify screen heights accurately but 1-2 I guess. The pixels were obvious even from where we sat in the middle of the auditorium. It was definitely Big TV. Interestingly all the handicapped people who could not go up the stadium steps would have been in the first 3-4 rows with the awful picture. I would definitely have been made sick sitting there watching it for very long. I also particularly enjoyed looking at the huge cobwebs draped all around the port glass where the DVD projector resided.

Re: DVD's on the Big Screen 15 Jan 2004 21:55 #24281

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Here is a link to my projector. I know there are better ones out there but mine is not on the low end either. I have a single screen and the projector is about thirty to thrity-five feet from the screen (although I plan to move it farther back). My screen is 11x27.
http://www.benq.com/projectors/projector_pb8230.html
"What a crazy business"

Re: DVD's on the Big Screen 16 Jan 2004 05:55 #24282

• swapman26
  • Fresh Boarder
The 20wenty seems pretty good to me, as far as picture goes that is..... The pixels were visible, but it was on a LARGE screen.

Doesn't the 20wenty mention Christie projecors???

Swapman

Re: DVD's on the Big Screen 16 Jan 2004 21:47 #24283

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
just got TV working and, it looks pretty good after all. I get a little noise distortion on the audio but not too noticeable. It looks like I'll be watching the superbowl on the big screen after all.
"What a crazy business"
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction