Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Digital Film Distributor

Re: Digital Film Distributor 24 Feb 2002 12:01 #23184

• sprague
  • Fresh Boarder
wimovieman -
The cost I stated was from a studio - yet I neglected to include the important shipping cost. I hear that that usually runs over $100. I'm talking getting a movie to rural Oregon though.

Has anyone every dealt with 'www.modernsoundpictures.com'? They rent VHS for use to schools, churches, businesses, etc. although I think you can't charge for the show or advertise the exact movie being shown. Is that right?

sprague
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Digital Film Distributor 24 Feb 2002 13:54 #23185

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
While I can't vouch for the rental terms and conditions, I hear from other sources that Modern Sound Pictures is a good distributor.

So you're from rural Oregon? There's a nice little single screen theater for sale in Bly, Oregon. I assume you must be familiar with the TOM MOYER theater chain. I do some tech work for him.

Re: Digital Film Distributor 28 Feb 2002 01:05 #23186

• Alan_G
  • Senior Boarder
It occurs to me to wonder whether the film distributors can license a movie to us but not actually ship us a print, instead authorising us to use a DVD. I'd expect to pay all the usual 35mm fees except the shipping cost. Has anyone ever explored this?

Re: Digital Film Distributor 28 Feb 2002 07:38 #23187

• Larry Thomas
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Was able to book a DVD screening of O BROTHER WHERE ART THOU from BV Non-Theatrical. The exhibitor paid them the film rental, used his own DVD, and no print was shipped.

I also inquired of MGM Classics if their titles could be licensed on DVD if they don't have a print available. Answer was "yes."

Criterion also does theatrical bookings on DVD on the titles in their catalog.

Only resounding "NO" I got (so far) was from WB Classics. They do not permit any theatrical video performances for any reason.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.477 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction