Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Back Office Point of Sale system
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Point of Sale system

Point of Sale system 12 Jul 2013 11:53 #40134

I was curious on what POS system everyone uses. My top two thus far is Ready Theatre Solutions and Retriever Software. I have one I'm leaning toward but I would like everyone's testimonies on what they use. What they like and what they don't like about their current set up. If you use another system you wish to recommend I would like to hear that as well.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Point of Sale system 12 Jul 2013 12:53 #40135

• Keweler
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I use Sensible Cinema. While it could have some more reports, for the price (and no recurring license fees)it works great for me.
Jay

Point of Sale system 13 Jul 2013 20:15 #40136

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 37
RTS has worked great at my theatre.
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Point of Sale system 15 Jul 2013 16:44 #40146

Mike, did you have anything that you didn't really like about it. Or maybe something you felt was a benefit?

Point of Sale system 15 Jul 2013 16:56 #40147

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Kind of depends on what you need and how important support will be.

The previous posts are good examples... two people, happy with two very different systems.

I've used them both. I started with Sensible, and was happy with it at the time. Eventually, I outgrew both the system and the support structure the company offered.

The major advantage of Sensible is that it's a buyout system. Once it's in your hands, you have no particular obligation to the company. On the other hand, you can't very well expect them to be waiting by the phone if you have a problem.

RTS has most of the bells and whistles that larger operations need. Probably its major strength is that the company is financed by ongoing mandatory license fees, which support a full-time upgrade and customer service presence. For an outfit like mine, that's a positive. For a single-screen, budget minded operation, it can make the system an unreasonably expensive cash register.

Both systems sell tickets and popcorn, keep stats and process credit and gift cards. It's up to you to decide what kind of relationship you need with the system that'll process every financial transaction you make with your customers.
Last Edit: 15 Jul 2013 17:02 by rodeojack.

Point of Sale system 15 Jul 2013 17:17 #40148

• BusyBee
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
We've used RTS for 10 years, and I'm happy with it. The customer support is invaluable, IMO. Last summer our server crashed, and their tech support people spent hours on the phone with me, remotely logged in to my system getting everything switched over and put back together.

I am occasionally frustrated by how clunky the system can be and how difficult it can be to pull up a simple piece of information.

For example, I'd like to be able to print a receipt for an old transaction. Is that possible? If so, I haven't figured it out yet. It has also taken me several years to figure out how to pull up different pieces of information (like a gift card number, using the information from the receipt), because this information is not readily available on the online help portal.

Adding new concessions items, and creating combos is difficult, and I find that even when all the settings seem to match with other items, there will still be some sort of glitch, like the item still won't be deducted from inventory when it's sold. It has to be user error, but it isn't easy to figure out where I've gone awry.

Point of Sale system 15 Jul 2013 23:20 #40151

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 37
I do not use it as my staff does all the loading etc. I found it sufficent and have never felt like I was missing anything. One suggestion I had for them was a daily report that would show not only the daily averages like head count and per cap but how the sales staff did vs. those numbers and also would rate various users on their per cap. But they do not have that.
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction